Our Quantity Surveying team provides effective cost and procurement advice, supported by robust control and reporting procedures.
Our approach is to ensure that key participants in the project delivery process are encouraged to contribute to cost control during all stages of the development.
We see our role as quantity surveyors as being a key member of the design team, utilising our skills and established procedures in a collaborative manner to ensure the commercial success of our Client’s investment in their built assets.
We provide independent cost advice across a variety of construction sectors, focusing on identifying our clients’ needs and implementing the processes to meet their individual requirements.
From inception through to final account, we appreciate that no two projects are identical. We provide a tailored cost consultancy service to achieve the goal of project delivery within budget.
Our Core Services
- Order of Cost exercises to establish project viability and robust budget allowances.
- Examining design options to identify the most feasible route.
- Detailed estimating and cost planning throughout the design stages, including whole-life cost modelling.
- We focus on cost drivers pertinent to each discrete project to proactively manage construction costs.
- Strategic procurement advice and tender action processes.
- From open tenders to mini-competition, utilising Framework Agreements as appropriate.
- Detailed assessment of tender returns, effectively addressing qualifications and non-compliance.
- Chairing interviews and reporting precedent to award.
- Derivation of robust contract documentation for engrossment.
- Regular assessments establishing value of works complete.
- Review of Contractor’s entitlement to variations and claims
- Transparent, tailor-made cost reporting to suit client needs, from regular high level executive reports to more detailed statements.
- Cost and programme performance monitoring
- Detailed cashflow forecasting
- Providing fully detailed, auditable accounts in a timely manner.
- Completing professional, technical and financial audits & evaluations.
- Adding value to a finished project, not simply a cost cutting costs
- Utilising our multi-disciplinary set-up to ensure value engineering workshops engage the entire design team.
- Commercial quantification of recognised risks.
- Identifying and implementing mitigation measures.