Frankham Consultancy Group is a multidisciplinary company with extensive experience in the rail industry. Our rail portfolio includes various schemes that range in complexity, size and value.
Our rail clients include Network Rail, Train Operating Companies, Contractors and Developers alongside the railway.
We provide monitoring, examination, inspection, investigation, feasibility and design to name but a few. We are RISQS approved and undertake work from small reactive projects to larger frameworks. We maintain a high level of training and competency and have CRE, CEM and DPEs to assist on any project that is on or alongside the railway.
We employ only the most talented staff and use their vast range of skills and expertise to make our combined visions your reality. We have staff with competence in numerous rail related activities and predominantly focus on the structures in this environment. We have specialists in Engineering, Building Surveying, Building Services Engineering and Architecture. We also train our staff with graduates and apprentices on formal training schemes with the RICS and ICE.
- Act as CRE and CEM in multiple disciplines.
- Have PTS competency.
- Work extensively with TfL and hold Track accustomed and Track competent certifications.
- Work on or near the line frequently so are familiar with depots, open line, stations and lineside buildings.
- Provide training internally, such as Site Keeper Training to work in a “High Street Environment”, and externally to achieve all relevant competencies such as confined spaces, PASMA and IPAF.
- Are fully CDM trained and fully conversant with safety standards and procedures.
- Work to our Integrated Management System. We have ISO 9001, 14001, 45001 and RISQS accreditation all bundled in a suite of policies and management procedures.
- Hold structures examination competencies based on CTM/017, Competence in Civil Engineering and STE accreditation.
- Produce work package plans WPP and task briefing sheets TBS for those attending site and quality checks for designs and design review meetings for safety, quality and buildability.
Application of CDM regulations designer duties
Asbestos and other deleterious materials surveys
Boundary and party structure matters and disputes, rights to light advice
Building and property matters – Expert Witness
Building and property surveys including drone and mewp assisted inspections
Building Control applications
Building defect pathology and assessment
Buildings and estate stock condition surveys and planned maintenance programmes
Contractors Engineering Manager (CEM)
Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE)
Cost management and works programming
Design using GRIP Stages
Designated Project Engineer (DPE)
Detailed, Visual and Enhanced Examinations
Energy & Sustainability Consultancy
Energy efficiency and sustainability surveys
Feasibility, design and works monitoring support
Fire risk surveys and assessments.
Frankham Project managers for multi-disciplinary projects
Hidden Critical Element Investigations
Interim and terminal dilapidations surveys and negotiations
Landlord and lessee license to alter
Measured and topographical surveys
Network Rail and TfL technical applications and approvals
Planning applications including listed building consent
Preparation of tender documents, tender assessments and reporting
Public Health Engineering
Rail Side Development Advice (BAPA) Asset Protection Negotiation
Reactive Maintenance Surveys
STE2, STE3, STE4, STE5 & STE6 Examination Competencies
Vertical Transportation Engineering