Sustainability and Environmental
At Frankham, we promote a sustainable approach to everything we do. Our solutions are designed to meet the requirements of our clients, enhance the wellbeing of the communities they serve and work within the boundaries of our natural environment in the long term.
Our technical staff and specialist in-house professionals are committed to protecting our environment and so encourage sustainability. From the earliest design stage to building operation and beyond Frankham is committed to working closely with our clients and stakeholders.
Above all, we develop a collaborative approach to integrating energy and sustainability into the ethos of each project. This means that our designers and stakeholders have a common understanding of key sustainable design factors. The result is a truly sustainable building.
Our sustainability experts provide advice and guidance led by a dedicated team of Sustainability Professionals.
We provide the following services:
Low Energy Building Design
- Energy demand reduction – Façade optimisation
- Solar gains and shading options study
- Adaptation to climate change, including CIBSE TM52 and TM59 Overheating assessments
- Daylighting calculations
- Ventilation strategies
- Design to Passivhaus standard
- Energy consultancy and low carbon building design
- Building physics/Dynamic simulation
- Operational energy calculations CIBSE TM54
- Post occupancy evaluations
- Low and zero carbon feasibility studies
- Digital Twins
Whole Life Carbon Calculations
- Life cycle assessments
- Life cycle cost
Compliance and Planning
- Energy strategies for planning
- Sustainability statements
- Part L Compliance assessments and consultancy (incl. SBEM, SAP & EPCs)
- Minimum Energy Efficiency Standard (MEES)
- BREEAM Assessments
- BREEAM Accredited Professional services