We are seeking a collaborative and innovative Associate Director Rail Asset Management to direct, lead, develop and grow the asset management related activities in rail for the South of the UK.
To direct, lead, develop and grow the asset management related activities in Rail for the South of the UK. Developing and growing the business and ensuring high performance on existing contracts. This includes directing and growing our offering for CEFA, support to Network Rail and their supply chain for asset management and minor works design related activities. Help deliver the vision in the 10-year plan to achieve the best available services to our clients in quality, cost, and time, while leveraging traditional methods and new technologies and innovation. A key focus will be on commercial success both for the company and our clients, who face continuing pressure on budgets and delivery.
Continuing to develop our tier 1 position on CEFA and examinations and working with managing organisations, contractors and alongside the design teams in Infrastructure Engineering and other disciplines in the business to provide a co-ordinated whole life cycle services to our clients. Providing a one stop shop range of services including inspection, monitoring, assessment, and design.
Be the client interface for work of this nature and working to bring back other work on projects and other opportunities for the department and business as a whole.
Responsibilities And Duties
- Support the Director of Civil Engineering to direct, manage and grow the CEFA services including development of existing services to be the industry’s first choice in this area of practice. To include focus on financial and commercial performance to ensure best value for our clients, targeting new work and renewal of existing contracts.
- Assist in managing the business in this area of practice and develop broader service offerings in asset management, design for maintenance and monitoring of structures, working with other areas of the business to ensure a co-ordinated and fully supported and resourced offering to our clients.
- Undertake and maintain a programme of continuous improvement and efficiency to ensure the use of technology, best practice and development of human resources while balancing
- staff needs and aspirations to ensure the business continues to provide leading services while ensuring high staff recruitment, development, and retention.
- To work with the Contract Manager, commercial and technical teams, as well as develop and manage supply chain relationships with the delivery teams.
- To undertake and build client relationships and business development to ensure a full understanding of our clients’ needs in this segment and ensure that the business grows sustainably. This will then be fed into business and sales and marketing plans and strategies.
- Help build and grow the asset management services in the business for Infrastructure Engineering as part of a whole lifecycle set of services. Help develop the competence of the team and develop related services and client relationships.
- Act as Profit Centre Manager (PCM) for the CEFA Southern Region Contract and other contracts as appointed.
- Ensure that contract KPIs are managed, reported on, and improved to ensure we beat the contract requirements and client expectations.
- Search out and develop new opportunities to serve our clients best interests from a whole life solution perspective.
- Ensure the team(s) work to company and industry standards to ensure compliance and good governance.
- Provide technical advice and input to our clients demonstrating that we are a safe pair of hands whilst embracing applicable and innovative solutions.
The role will involve travel throughout the Southern Region, the UK and clients abroad to develop and provide our services.
Required Skills Qualifications and Experience
- Chartered Civil Engineer with minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Examination, asset management, assessment and maintenance experience in the rail environment highly desirable.
- STE2, CRE and CEM competences highly desirable.
- Experience in business development, pricing work and preparing tenders and fee proposals.
- Strong commercial experience and ability to create efficiencies for our clients and create competitive advantage.
- Building and civil structures experience in infrastructure including, pathology, anatomy and design for repairs and minor works.
- Degree in civil engineering or related subject.
- Member of engineering and other professional institutions.
- A strong commercial ability to include financial, P&L and contractual understanding.
- Full understanding of business activities/relationships across the Market Sector and wider Frankham Consultancy Group and to promote the company brand and views.
- Collaborative and innovative in the pursuit of achieving the planned business goals and targets and change requirements.
- A team player and able to grow and develop teams.
- Able to influence and collaborate at executive and senior management level and with direct reports.
- Provides others with a clear sense of purpose and direction, stimulating a productive team climate where members participate and feel involved.
- Provides feedback and encourages others to contribute ideas and opinions.
- Able to bring out the best in staff and teams to achieve business targets and exceed client expectations.
- Project a strong sense of confidence and ability to handle difficult situations and achieve positive results.