- Risk Assessment
Provision of Type 1 FRAs
To provide concise and comprehensive fire safety to clients
Undertaking client fire consultancy, advice, bespoke works, compartmentation / intrusive surveys. It is recognised that job holder may require some support / instruction in these areas.
- Quality Assurance Support
Supporting the QA Supervisor by undertaking technical quality assurance of FRA reports drafted by fellow consultants
Supporting Training Department with provision of occasional onsite (face to face) and online training courses as per client’s requirements
- Overarching Responsibilities
To establish and build effective working relationships with clients, suppliers and other partners
Provide effective communication and support to the Head of Fire Risk Management
To assist in securing high quality revenue and profit growth through the creation of new business
Personal revenue generation in delivering Type 1 FRA’s, quality assurance and fire training courses
- Ensuring customer focus within all areas of risk assessment services.
- Leading and supporting best practice activity and initiatives in all operational activities.
- Promoting and maintaining the Core Values of The Frankham Group.
- Provision of direct support (as appropriate) to the Head of Fire Safety Management and the FRMS wider management team as requested.
- Supporting the new business work winning process through solutions development, participation in presentations and consultation meetings, bid and contract generation and review, and support to mobilisation and resourcing activities on new contracts.
- To provide fire safety training to all existing clients as per our contractual agreements. This may include direct face to face onsite training, practical extinguisher simulator, live fire training and virtual online instruction to NHS, housing and commercial clients. Support / training will be provided regarding client expectations / course content.
- Provide fire safety consultancy services including but not limited to carrying fire risk assessments, health & safety risk assessments, procedural documents and the provision of advice on the management of fire safety. In addition to any site works there is a requirement to write reports and address subsequent queries from clients
- Undertake quality assurance checks of other team members reports as required to ensure reports are issued in accordance with defined clients kpi’s.
- Reporting directly to the FRMS Head of Fire Risk Management
- Indirect accountability to the Head of Fire Safety / FRMS Managing Director
Minimum of 2 years in the fire safety industry including the delivery of consultancy services. Generalist and strategic supervisory experience is beneficial.
In depth understanding of the construction, residential and services industry, with specific experience in developing fire management solutions.
In depth knowledge of legislation pertaining to fire management and British Standards / Building Regs as necessary.
Ability to provide, construct and market fire training courses.
Experience of multiple areas of fire risk management
Experience of working within both the public and private sectors
Demonstrate an understanding and application of risk management tools
Understanding of basic financial planning and business development
Ability to present client facing presentations
Accreditation on a recognised fire risk assessors register
CFPA Fire Safety Management Diploma or equivalent
Technical Knowledge and Skill
- Accreditation with recognised institutes is required within probation period.
- Job holders must be able to demonstrate achievement in the areas of experience detailed above.
- Further courses may be part-sponsored by FRMS dependent on aptitude, role of candidate and business needs. This will be discussed upon successful completion of probation.
- Incumbents must be able to demonstrate a career showing continuous personal development.
Educational requirements and professional qualifications
- A good general education is essential, ideally to degree level in a subject allied to Fire Risk Management. Incumbents will be members/graduates of a recognised professional institute.
- Chartered status in a related subject would be welcome.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Numerate and computer literate.
Proactive and capable of independence.
Excellent motivational and influencing skills.
Able to contribute effectively and on equal terms across all business activities.
Able to create and analyse technical and operational data.
Attention to detail.
Incumbents must have a high level of energy, be self-starters, confident and stable in manner, and be able to prioritise and work on range of activities within a high-pressure environment.
Good team worker.
Incumbents will be required to travel widely on occasions to support new business development, and participate in training and strategic reviews. Occasional overnight stays may be needed.
To apply, please forward your CV together with salary requirement and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.