We are a successful and expanding multi-disciplinary consultancy based in Kent. Established for over 30 years, we have a varied client and project base from all sectors of the construction industry including education, housing, leisure, commercial and transport.
We are seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic and career-oriented Town Planning Consultant to join a growing development team in Sidcup. The role is an exciting opportunity in which you will be able to assist in the further development of the business strand in (town) planning consultancy to supplement the team’s core business in development consultancy and management.
The role will be working closely with the Director and colleagues, using your own initiative to assist in growing the business discipline further. The ideal candidate would probably therefore have a formal qualification/degree within Urban & Regional Planning & Town & Regional Planning.
- Delivering planning advice on planning applications internally to other areas of the business and to external clients.
- Managing applications varying from single unit residential schemes to 300 units residential schemes through the planning process, in addition to other and mixed-use applications.
- Estate rationalisation advice.
- Knowledge and experience in the appeal process and able to undertake from initial statement to hearing.
- Able to actively interpret planning policy and identify areas within policy to maximize the development possible.
- Full option appraisals including sales and cost forecasts.
- Development consultancy, feasibility and strategy advice.
- Site acquisition & disposal advice.
- Sourcing Land and development opportunities.
- Development funding including JV and SPV initiatives advice.
- Identifying and meeting with new clients to grow the business and ability to work on their own initiative.
- Preferably with local authority knowledge.
The Director will be happy to meet with candidates who may not fill all the above criteria but have that enthusiasm and drive and looking to be successful in this sector.
A competitive benefits package is on offer together with excellent career prospects. together with career progression.
To apply, please forward your CV together with salary requirement and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org