We are currently looking for a motivational and influential technical lead with a minimum of 5 years fire consultancy experience.
Title: Technical Lead – Fire Consultancy Division
Team: Fire Consultancy
- Provide fire consultancy services in support of an agreed business plan including but not limited to working on bespoke consultancy projects, FSSI role (fire safety site inspections), construction stage FRAs, pre-occupation FRAs, compartmentation surveys, fire door surveys, Type 2 and Type 4 FRAs, BS 9997 management reviews. Expected fee earning / management split of 60/40.
- Assist the Head of Fire Consultancy in the development and growth of a fire consultancy business.
- Assist the Head of Fire Consultancy to identify and maintain a pipeline of new business and to prepare submissions to secure it.
- Assist the Head of Fire Consultancy to establish and build effective working relationships with clients, suppliers and other partners.
- Assist the Head of Fire Consultancy to set and deliver strategic objectives and growth targets.
- Developing, implementing, and reviewing the strategic business plan for FRMS.
- Ensuring customer focus within all areas of business operational and support activities.
- Leading and supporting best practice activity and initiatives in both managerial and operational activities.
- Promoting and maintaining the core Values of The Frankham Group.
- Provision of leadership and guidance, advice, coaching and direct support (as appropriate), where required on issues of “STAR” (selection, training, assessment and reward).
- Provide fire consultancy services in support of an agreed business plan including but not limited to working on bespoke consultancy projects, FSSI role (fire safety site inspections), construction stage FRAs, pre-occupation FRAs, compartmentation surveys, fire door surveys, Type 2 and Type 4 FRAs, BS 9997 management reviews.
- Positive management of customer and partner relationships
- Work to set strategic objectives for the BU and report on performance.
- Supporting the creation of credible and deliverable cross-Frankham offerings.
- Promotion and delivery of effective teamwork between the BU, Group and external companies.
- Reporting to the Head of Fire Consultancy
- Indirect accountability to the FRMS Managing Director & Frankham Group Management Team
- Responsibility for a growing team of operational and functional support staff and future direct line management responsibility for a team of professional and technical staff
- Financial responsibility for the Fire Risk Management BU
- Accountable for routine (mainly administrative) materials and consumables utilised in the running of the BU.
Experience and Qualifications
- A good general education is essential, ideally to degree level. Incumbents will be members/graduates of a recognised professional institute.
- Chartered status in a related subject would be welcome, but not essential.
- No specified training is required, although job holders must be able to demonstrate achievement in the areas of experience detailed below, which is likely in a number of cases to be through formalised training courses.
- You must be able to demonstrate a career showing continuous personal development.
Minimum of 5 years fire consultancy experience.
In-depth knowledge of legislation pertaining to fire risk management.
In depth understanding of B1 to B5 of the building Regulations, the draft building safety bill, fire safety act and regulatory reform (fire safety) order 2005.
High level understanding of the PD 7974 series / fire engineering approach.
Previous line management experience.
Experience of working within both the public and private sectors.
L5 or above qualification in fire safety / fire engineering design.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Numerate and computer literate.
- Excellent motivational and influencing skills.
- Able to contribute effectively and on equal terms across all business activities.
- Able to create and analyse financial, technical and operational data.
- Politically astute.
- You must have a high level of energy, be self-starters, confident and stable in manner, and be able to prioritise and work on a range of activities within a high-pressure environment.
- You will be required to travel widely on occasions to support new business development and participate in training and strategic reviews. Occasional overnight stays may be needed.
How to apply
To apply, please forward your CV together with salary requirement and availability to email@example.com.