Provide consultancy services in support of an agreed business plan including but not limited to:
- Undertaking Type 1 – 4 fire risk assessments
- Compilation and presentation of technical fire safety training
- Provision of fire procedural documents, strategies, fire manuals and guidance documents
- Provision of high-level technical advice on the management of fire safety for residential and commercial clients.
- Quality assurance and peer review of reports and consultancy documents
- Reporting to the FRMS Associate Director of Fire Consultancy
- Indirect accountability to the FRMS Managing Director
Minimum of 3 – 5 years generalist and strategic managerial experience at middle management level and / or Local Fire Authority experience is essential. (Alternative experience in a similar fire consultancy will be considered).
In depth understanding of the construction or services industry, or ideally both with specific experience in developing fire management solutions.
In-depth knowledge of legislation pertaining to fire risk management.
Experience of fire risk management, wide range of fire risk assessment and fire consultancy
Experienced in undertaking and delivering type 4 FRA.
Previous experience in developing new business and managing a profit and loss account.
Experience of working within both the public and private sectors.
Demonstrate an understanding and application of risk management tools.
Bid management skills with a successful track record of securing new business.
Technical Knowledge and Skill
- No specified training is required, although job holders must be able to demonstrate CPD & achievement in the areas of experience detailed below, which is likely in a number of cases to be through formalised training courses.
- Incumbents must be able to demonstrate a career showing continuous personal development
Educational requirements and professional qualifications
- A good general education is essential, probably to degree level in a subject allied to Fire Risk Management. Incumbents will be members/graduates of a recognised professional institute.
- Chartered status in a related subject would be welcome.
- Membership Level in IFE, IFSM, FRACs or equivalent
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Numerate and computer literate.
Excellent motivational and influencing skills.
Able to contribute effectively and on equal terms across all business activities.
Able to create and analyse financial, technical and operational data.
Incumbents must have a high level of energy, be self-starters, confident and stable in manner, and be able to prioritise and work on a range of activities within a high-pressure environment.
Business is primarily located in London and the south east although incumbents will be required to travel widely on occasions to support new business development, and participate in training and strategic reviews. Occasional overnight stays may be needed.
To apply, please forward your CV together with salary requirement and availability to email@example.com.