Business Continuity Management (BCM) is an holistic management process, which identifies potential impacts that threaten an organisation and provides a framework for building resilience and the capability for an effective response that safeguards the interests of its key stakeholders, reputation, brand and value creating activities.
Risks are not limited to those that could strike your business directly. What would be the impact on your organisation of a 500 metre police cordon due to an incident, an accident that closes a railway station and prevents your key staff getting to work, or contamination of supplies due to a manufacturing fault at your key supplier?
- 20% of companies within the UK will suffer some kind of serious disruption to their operations over a five-year period.
- 80% of those companies that suffer such a disruption incur severe losses or fail to survive during the subsequent eighteen months.
- 92% of businesses have no business continuity plans and of the 8% that do, 50% have plans which are inadequate.
Our risk management plans deliver:
- Safety enhancement
- Protection and enhancement of assets
- Protection and enhancement of brand and reputation
- Compliance with regulations
- Avoidance of lawsuits
- Better business decisions
- Competitive advantage
- Reduction in operation costs