The new enhanced duties placed on the Principal Designer by the forthcoming Building Safety Bill will likely be passed onto the Lead Designer in a similar fashion to the way the Principal Designer function was assigned following the introduction of the CDM Regulations 2015.
The following additional general duties will be assigned to the appointed Principal Designer under the Building Safety Bill:
- Co-operate and share information with the Building Safety Regulator
- Ensure compliance with the Building Regulations in relation to Approved Document B.
- Comply with the specific regulatory requirements imposed by them
The Frankham Consultancy Group is ideally placed to assist your practice in complying with both the duties of the Principal Designer under the CDM Regulations 2015 and the Principal Designer role under the Building Safety Bill.
The new Building Safety Regulator’s powers to stop work, delay occupation and issue unlimited fines may cause unacceptable delays and add extra financial burden to your project. Contact the Frankham Consultancy Group to discuss how we can assist you ensuring you are both competent to undertake the role and be compliant with your duties on all buildings. As a multi-disciplinary consultant, we can provide you with an all-in-one solution to meet your competency needs.
Additional tasks of the Principal Designer under the Building Safety Bill
- Creation and submission of the Fire Safety Plan to the Regulator.
- Demonstration of competency to the Client.
- Ensure the design complies with the building regulations.
- Establish and regularly monitor the Change Control Plan.
- Recording of design changes in the Change Control Plan.
- Submission of all documents to the Regulator via the Client.
- Preparation of the Building Safety Information Pack for issue to the Regulator via the Client.
- Issuing of a conformity statement to the Regulator
We would be more than happy to help or advise should you have any questions, please contact the Health & Safety and CDM Team on 020 8309 7777 or alternatively please email email@example.com.