ISO 14001 is an internationally accepted standard that outlines how to put an effective environmental management system in place. It is designed to help businesses remain commercially successful without overlooking environmental responsibilities. It can also help you to grow while reducing the environmental impact of this growth. An ISO 14001 system provides the framework to allow you to meet increasingly high customer expectations of corporate responsibility as well as legal or regulatory requirements.
- There are many benefits you could gain from becoming certified to ISO 14001 standard, including:
- Be recognised as an environmentally friendly company
- Better management of environmental risks
- Reduce energy consumption and waste
- Cost savings
- Greater access to new customers and partners
- Tender for greater contracts
- Demonstration of legal and regulation compliance
ISO 14001 certification is a way of demonstrating that your business has processes in place to manage potential environmental risks and adhere to environmental regulation and legislation. A well managed and maintained ISO 14001 system not only shows your organisations’ environmental commitment to your existing and potential new clients, but also offers a solid foundation to build your business on, ensuring continued reduction in costs and continued increase in profits from the many savings ISO 14001 can bring.
Frankham Environmental Sustainability Team can provide ISO 14001 Environmental Management System consultancy assessment, advice and guidance for your organisation along the route to attain the standard certification.