Introducing an exciting opportunity to join the Civil Engineering Team at our head office in Sidcup as a Senior Engineer.
Frankham are seeking an ambitious and highly motivated Senior Engineer to join our Civils team. We are looking for a dynamic engineer who is technically strong, capable of taking a lead role in client management, motivated to help assist and develop other engineers and graduates and energised to assist with our digital transformation.
At Frankham, you’ll find yourself working as part of a young, growing and enthusiastic team. This role will provide the opportunity to work on a vast array of projects including rail, highways and maritime as well as genuine opportunities for career progression.
Title: Senior Engineer
Location: Home Working/London/Sidcup
Team: Civil Engineering (Rail, Highways, Maritime)
- Minimum 6 years of experience in a civil/structural engineering role.
- Professional qualification Chartered/Incorporated, or near to.
- Design experience in a range of civil engineering projects.
- Proven experience of assisting or delivering projects to time and budget.
- Experience of assisting projects and teams with the associated financial management.
- Experience undertaking and checking designs and calculations.
- Effective communication skills in a client facing role.
- Experience of Eurocodes.
- Working knowledge of a structural analysis software such as Robot, SuperStress, MIDAS, LUSAS etc.
- Proficient use of MS office-based software is essential.
- Experience within the rail and/or highways environment (structures/bridges) is desirable but not essential.
- Undertake the role of Project Manager.
- Act as a Line Manager.
- Support and manage project team members, including providing technical support.
- Mentor and develop the understanding and technical knowledge of colleagues.
- Preparation of fee proposals.
- Determine a project’s scope of works, budget and programme.
- Responsible for the financial, technical and project management of various projects.
- Prepare or check technical reports, specifications, drawings, calculations, risk assessments and method statements.
- Undertake design reviews to ensure coordination between design disciplines.
- Undertake and lead inspections, examinations and scoping visits with the client.
- Have a good understanding of relevant Health & Safety Legislation, Codes of Practice & standards and current design methods.
- Liaise and attend meetings with clients.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels in both technical and non-technical environments.
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of discipline standard specifications.
- Support in all aspects of tenders, including producing and delivering presentations.
Benefits & Initiatives
Frankham offers excellent benefits and initiatives, including:
- Work From Home.
- Flexible working policy.
- 25-days annual leave inc. sell, buy & carry-over policies.
- Simply Health cash plan.
- Long service award.
- Bonus scheme.
- Frankham Friday.
- Cycle-to-work scheme.
- Life assurance.
- Annual season ticket loan.
- Generous maternity & paternity pay.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the above requirements and are keen to join a company with genuine opportunities for career progression, then please forward your CV to email@example.com to apply.