- Minimum 7 years of experience in the rail industry in a civil/structural engineering role.
- Experience of leading projects and teams with the associated financial management.
- Experience undertaking designs and calculations for rail structures projects, including lineside, station and depot buildings and bridges and civil engineering structures.
- Professional qualification Chartered/Incorporated, or near to.
- Experience for delivering projects from GRIP 2 to 5.
- Experience of Eurocodes and Rail Standards.
- Experience of Network Rail Assurance forms (F001-F003 and Non-Complex Design). Previous CRE rail civils experience desirable but not essential.
- Working knowledge of structural analysis software.
- PTS Qualification (lapsed competency considered).
- Experience of inspection and/or examination of civil engineering structures. Previous STE4 & 5 competency is desirable but not essential.
- Act as a line manager.
- Lead, support and manage project team members, including providing technical support.
- Mentor and develop the understanding and technical knowledge of colleagues.
- Determine a project’s scope of works, budget and programme and assign resources accordingly.
- Responsible for the financial, technical and project management of various small and medium sized projects.
- Produce and check technical reports, specifications, drawings, calculations, risk assessments and method statements, in accordance with the applicable standards.
- Design reviews to ensure coordination between design disciplines.
- Undertake and lead inspections, examinations and scoping visits with the client.
- Liaise and attend meetings with clients.
- Support in all aspects of tenders, including producing and delivering presentations.
To apply, please forward your CV together with salary requirement and availability to email@example.com