We are currently looking for a dynamic senior surveyor capable to take a lead role in instructions, client management and assisting other surveyors and graduates within the team, whilst ensuring clients are provided with a high-quality building surveying service.
Title: Senior Building Surveyor
Team: Building Surveying
We are seeking a dynamic senior surveyor capable to take a lead role in instructions, client management and assisting other surveyors and graduates within the team, whilst ensuring clients are provided with a high-quality building surveying service. They should want to actively undertake further training to contribute to their own personal development and of other technical staff whilst promoting our core values with a view of creating and maintaining good client relationships. In addition, the right candidate will have the opportunity to progress to Associate level and beyond within the Frankham Consultancy Group.
- Fulfilling the service role and overall lead client contact in connection with the projects.
- Ensuring that all surveying work is in full compliance with relevant statutory requirements and regulations, as well as the relevant records and systems requirements of Frankham and of those surveying institutions with which Frankham is associated.
- Developing and delivering the client requirements through a solid understanding and experience of the environment.
- Undertaking professional work and producing reports and schedules following initial survey.
- Ensuring that projects and invoices are billed on time, as well as assisting the financial team in the payment of aged debts.
- Making full use of all resources within Frankham to fulfil clients’ requirements with maximum efficiency and quality.
- Assisting senior management team in the creation of fee quotations and ensuring full terms and conditions of engagement are sent.
- Managing clients’ expectations and ensuring that they are regularly and fully informed of the status of instructions.
- Showing knowledge of legislation affecting the procurement of works and the maintenance and use of property.
- To assist in the development and use of information technology, including mobile based technology.
- To have sufficient breadth of technical knowledge and to lead on technical delivery and to be credible in the eyes of the client.
- Ensure project work meets all relevant technical and professional standards on a consistent basis.
- Be able to understand the technical and design requirements of projects and ensure compliance with the relevant technical, health, safety and environmental standards.
- Give input and guidance into the technical nature of the work and the appropriate approach to be taken to deliver the technical output.
- To lead the scoping of client briefs to ensure accuracy, appropriateness and completeness. Ensure the brief is fully understood and confirmed before its acceptance.
- Able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and NBS specification manager to aid the management and administration of the projects.
- Ensure that the Business Management System and the Quality Management System is followed.
- Working knowledge of the Frankham Consultancy Group policies, procedures and working practices
- To be able to read and understand contracts.
- 3.20 Keeping Work In Progress (WIP) forms up to date.
- Taking responsibility for fee billing on instructions and ensuring invoices and aged debts are submitted in a timely manner.
- Managing job files and undertaking administrative tasks required by the company.
- Complying with all procedures and requirements detailed in the Frankham Quality Assurance Manual.
- Understanding and complying with the company’s Health and Safety policies. • Adhering to the Safe Surveying Guide.
- Maintaining a high profile within the company and actively support the aims of the company.
- Knowing and recognising the aims of the company and assisting in the accomplishment of the mission statement.
- Undertaking any reasonable administrative or professional task required by the company.
Continued Professional Development
- Meeting the minimum RICS requirements for CPD and maintaining an updated record completed.
- Preparing and presenting CPD training seminars for the company’s staff.
- Fulfilling the role of Supervisor or Counsellor to assistant surveyors.
- Seeking opportunities relevant to new developments in the sector to maximise the company’s ability to keep ahead of the competition in winning new business.
- Showing you are capable to deal with the pressure of responsibility.
- Demonstrating your ability to learn from the experience of others.
- Marketing services offered by Frankham to existing and prospective clients, and seeking opportunities for “cross selling” of services where possible.
- Managing client’s expectations and ensuring that they are regularly and fully informed.
- Assisting in developing new client contacts and leads into new business for the company.
- Keeping informed within the industry and exploring the same for future business opportunities for Frankham.
- Presenting the senior management team with ideas for potential new business opportunities and assisting in the production of business plan documents to progress these opportunities.
- Exceeding client expectations and building and maintaining a good reputation and relationship with existing clients both personally and as a representative of Frankham.
- Establishing and maintaining a profile within the wider business community.
- MRICS or similar qualification with at least 2 years post qualification experience.
How to apply
To apply, please forward your CV together with salary requirement and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.