We are currently looking for a receptionist responsible for greeting visitors and delivering exceptional customer service assistance.
You will be responsible for greeting visitors and delivering exceptional customer service assistance. This entails answering calls and fielding them, accordingly, addressing visitor questions and needs, and providing an overall welcoming environment.
The Receptionist is the first person a client or customer sees or talks to when arriving at or calling a place of business. You shall be pleasant, have good listening skills and be able to provide the correct information when asked. You also must be able to route calls to the correct person, enter or check a client in for an appointment and give direction when necessary. Some of the duties and responsibilities include:
- Maintaining security for the building by providing passes to visitors
- Notifying appropriate people that a visitor has arrived to see them
- Keeping track of the people arriving for appointments and when they leave the building
- Answering phone calls and responding appropriately to the caller’s needs
- Act as first point of contact for all visitors of Frankham Consultancy Group (FCG) and Tenants, having regard to the correct treatment of visitors and guests. Act as the main point of contact for FCG telephone enquirers, using appropriate telephone / personal greetings whilst keeping a calm demeanour with any frustrated callers, thus, securing a timely resolution ensuring the appropriate manager is contacted.
- Coordinate communication between visitors and their point of contact within Irene House and were necessary issue a visitors’ badge. Security of the building is paramount; no visitors should be walking around the building unaccompanied.
- Log incoming calls, take, and distribute messages (where appropriate) and/or forward messages via email to appropriate person plus their secretary. Always ensure that the email message contains the name of the caller, company, contact details and time the message was taken.
- Organise booking arrangements for Meeting Rooms.
- Monitor the car park with the use of the external camera’s ensuring tenants/visitors/staff park in permitted bays. Vehicles are permitted to double parked, but reception should know how to locate the driver if the car needs to be moved.
- Open, date stamp and initial incoming FCG post and pass to the Finance Dept for distribution. Chelsea Pitch Owners post should be left un-open and forwarded to them using the appropriate labels. Tenants post should not be opened but left on their relevant signing in book.
- All outgoing post to be sorted into 1st or 2nd class postage and franked in accordance with weight/size etc.
- Operate franking machine and ensure post is collected daily.
- Ensure any “Registered” or “Special Delivery” post is entered in appropriate book and correct postage franked.
- Log hand delivered / couriered post / packages and distribute to addressee.
- Check Outlook Calendar and record daily whereabouts of staff.
- Ensure all visitors sign “In” and “Out” and are issued with an appropriate Visitors Badge.
- Regularly update Internal Telephone and Mobile Numbers listings together with vehicle registration number and distribute to “Sidcup. All”.
- Ensure internal “In / Out” book is always in Reception. When new book is required update with “New Starters” and “Leavers”
- A twice daily check should be made of the rest room facilities, ensuring that there is adequate toilet tissue, hand soap and sanitizer in each of the facilities including the disabled toilets. Replenish if necessary.
- A daily check should be made of the kitchen supplies tea, coffee, sugar, milk replenish if necessary.
- Until further notice a daily check should be made of hand sanitizer and anti-bacterial wipes ensuring that each division within FCG have an adequate supply.
- Always keep Reception tidy
- Ensure switchboard is changed to “Night Services” each evening and “Day Service” each morning
- Ensure incoming tender documentation is date stamped, initialled and time received then place in Steve Frankham’s/Richard Chitty’s office.
- Make drinks for visitors (if requested)
- Booking meeting rooms for tenants of the building.
- Provide administrative assistance (if requested).
- Assist with facilities management in the absence of the Facilities Manager
- Previous reception / switchboard experience would be a distinct advantage
Technical Knowledge and Skill
- Sound keyboard skills with a good standard of accuracy and speed. Knowledge of using email and Outlook.
Educational Requirements and Professional Qualifications
- No specific qualifications are required; however, the post-holder must possess basic numeracy, be literate and have a standard of English sufficient to liaise effectively with colleagues and external contacts.
The post-holder must possess good team-working skills and a flexible approach to work.
An instinct for good public relations and a sense of personal commitment to the maintenance of a pleasant and welcoming, but efficient and professional, reception environment.
It is essential that the post-holder maintains a high standard of personal presentation. A good telephone manner and punctuality are essential. A successful Receptionist candidate will possess excellent typing ability, interpersonal skills, and communication skills. Other skills and qualifications to become successful include:
- Professional demeanour
- Customer care
- Maintains stocks of supplies as needed
- Spoken communication
How to apply
To apply, please forward your CV together with salary requirement and availability to email@example.com.