Frankham’s original assessment commission was direct for Network Rail and during this contract we were also appointed by AMEC as the Multi Discipline Designers for the main refurbishment contract for the roof.
We provided a dedicated design team on site to undertake the main design and co-ordinate design issues with specialist suppliers. The project was awarded the Thomas Brassey Award 2003 by the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE).
Knowing the Client’s needs helped this project and channelled our solutions – we managed to find a solution that enabled works to be carried out without disrupting any of the 250,000 passengers who use the terminal every day.
- Heritage issues (spot listing)
- Early mild steel structure
- Suspended protection deck
- Major structural assessments
- Steelwork refurbished off site
- New glazing, maintenance systems and purlins
- New lighting and cable management system
- Award winning project