Network Rail implemented the works at Tonbridge Station as part of the National Stations Improvement Programme.
The primary objective of the NSIP programme is to achieve a noticeable improvement to the passenger perception of stations.
The scope of works included:
- Remodeling of the station entrance to provide better access and egress by widening the existing doorway and function of the booking hall.
- A new roof canopy to the main entrance.
- A new waiting room to platforms 1 & 2.
- Refurbishment of the existing toilet facilities to platforms 1 to 4.
- Refurbishment of the existing retail outlets.
- Refurbishment of the existing side entrance.
020 8309 firstname.lastname@example.org