As part of the Borough wide roofing refurbishment programme, Frankham Consultancy Group formed a skilled team to specify, procure and administer various roof improvement works at this site. The improvement works were required to rectify previous inadequate design and installation issues across the whole of the roof.
Our non intrusive surveys were carried out with aid of a Mobile Elevating Work Platform to gain access to all areas. The recommended works included:
- Removing the existing GRP valley gutters, widen and line with lead to ensure they have the required capacity to discharge the appropriate rainwater.
- Replacing the existing dry ridge tile on a like for like basis, incorporating the re-fixing of the lightning conductor system, which had become displaced due to inadequate fixings.
- Replacing all defective slate tiles on a like for like basis to mitigate water ingress.
- Sealing all vent slates and cowls with the felt underlay to eliminate water ingress.
- Replacing existing defective vent slates and cowls to reduce water ingress.
- Removing existing inset rooflights and replace with upstand rooflights to avert the future risk of water ingress.
- Increasing existing loft insulation at joist level to comply with current Building
Regulation requirements and reduce the operational costs of the school. Although the works were tendered, the Local Authority placed the project on hold due to pending financial approval and agreements.