This £750,000 project at 2–9 Brandling Street consists of eight Arch Units, saw Frankham Consultancy Group provide design, contract administration, project management and CDM services to provide over 700m2 of modern commercial business space.
The intention for the project was to clear the site entirely, removing the existing arch infills, floor slabs and internal fixtures and fittings and renew with glazed infills and insulated floor slabs to create a spacious environment to each arch.
Prior to operations commencing, full surveys of existing structures were implemented. Frankham then developed the scheme, secured planning permission, carried out all project management responsibilities during the construction, while manage the financial constraints to ensure the project completed within budget.
The development provides shell and core units constructed to a high quality. The specification included the following:
- Construction of glazing arch infills front and rear.
- Power floated insulated concrete floor.
- Installation of arch lining systems.
- Construction of WC blocks and kitchen facilities with associated drainage requirements.
- Full electrical and lighting installation – internal and external.
- Facilitate new power and water supplies to each unit. Design and construction of new foul drainage system to serve each unit.