We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Project Architect with a First and Second degrees (amounting to exemption to RIBA Parts I & II) and RIBA Part III or equivalent.
Title: Project Architect
Reporting to: Senior Architects, Architectural Associates and Group Director of Architecture.
Download Full Job Specification
As a Project Architect, you will be responsible for architectural design; co-ordination of Design Team & contract administration for assigned projects; appointed commercial activities; and Business Development.
You will focus upon the application of building science and technology on architectural, interiors and construction projects and be recognised as having specialist skills that enable you to manage the design process and to use your technical knowledge & expertise to provide innovative and aesthetically pleasing solutions.
As a Qualified and ARB Chartered Architect, you will be continually working to further enhance your knowledge in the application of design, building science and technology on architectural and construction projects.
Key to the role is a focus on “delivery” and playing an active role in the delivery of our technical work – promoting and displaying technical competency in both BIM and Revit.
In addition, you will have experience in negotiating and managing the development of a construction project.
You will also have negotiated and managed aspects of architectural and construction contracts, using traditional, partnering, design & build and other appropriate methods.
You will also recognise the significance of the post construction aspects of the project – Soft Landings, etc.
As an architectural professional, you must adhere to your Codes of Conduct.
Key Skills and Tasks
- Experience in CAD / REVIT / BIM, in a recognised Industry Standard Format, including 3D graphics and presentation relevant basic software (update training will be given as required).
- REVIT and AutoCAD skills (update training will be given as required).
- BIM Level 2 experience (training will be given as required).
- An established skill of maintaining good client relationships, being competent in client management as a tool towards developing future business.
- A positive working attitude with good communication skills and flexibility in thoughts and actions;
- Commercial awareness in both the type of work undertaken and the level of responsibility accepted;
- Be enthusiastic, pro–active, flexible and adaptive in achieving team goals, targets, and change requirements;
- Able to collaborate with other team members;
- Provide other junior members with a clear sense of purpose and direction, helping to stimulate a productive team climate where members participate and feel involved;
- Put cases across with impact and conviction, whilst presenting facts clearly and logically;
- Provide feedback and encourage others to contribute ideas and opinions;
- Project a strong sense of confidence and ability to handle difficult situations and achieve successful results;
- Display persistence, determination and energy in overcoming obstacles;
- Understand business activities & relationships across the Market Sector and the wider Frankham Group and promote our Company brand and views;
- Support commercial policies, by understanding gross margin performance needs and be able to read and understand contracts;
- Ability to put together and deliver logical and influential presentations;
- Be confident in professional communication with both external and internal customers;
- Demonstrate effective working relationships with all disciplines.
Your qualifications and previous experience
- Obtained a first & second degree and RIBA Part III (or equivalent approved).
- An enthusiasm to develop your design and technical skills and a real interest in the Architectural profession.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional practice post ARB Certification.
- An understanding and business knowledge of the Architectural field.
How to apply
To apply, please forward your CV together with salary requirement and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.