We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Principal Mechanical Engineer with 15 years plus experience working in a professional services environment.
Title: Principal Mechanical Engineer
Team: Building Services Engineering
To act as lead representative for Building Services Engineering on delegated projects taking responsibility for workload delivery of those delegated project and reports under their control, aiding the Line Manager to undertake day to day monitoring and support/mentoring of the M&E team, reporting back any issues/anomalies to the appropriate Assistant Manager(s) at the earliest opportunity.
The main job purpose
- To act as Lead Consultant/Lead Designer/Lead Engineer/Mechanical Engineer as required on delegated projects.
- Control and monitor all work of their own/their reports are delivered within the timescale, cost budget and quality parameters set and agreed with the Line Manager and that time is accurately recorded against projects. Notify the Line Manager of any changes (anticipated or current) at the earliest opportunity.
- To produce regular reports to the Line Manager in respect of project delivery against agreed timescales, cost budget and quality parameters.
- Understand and implement the group Project/Design/Change Control/Client Management processes on delegated projects. Report any non-compliances to the Line Manager at the earliest opportunity.
- Carry out detailed surveys of mechanical plant, services and equipment to establish the extent of the existing installation and gain enough information to complete design and to coordinate and report findings to others as required.
Key Skills and Tasks
- To have sufficient breadth of technical knowledge and experience to be able to advise and guide the project team effectively on technical delivery, to assist in the quality assurance of work (and lead this process on delegated projects) and to be credible in the eyes of the client and the team.
- Ensure project work meets all relevant technical and professional standards on a consistent basis.
- Be able to understand the technical and design requirements of projects and ensure compliance with the relevant technical, health, safety and environmental standards.
- Give input and guidance into the technical nature of the work and agree the appropriate approach to be taken to deliver the technical output with the Line Manager.
- To lead the scoping of client briefs on delegated projects to ensure accuracy, appropriateness and completeness. Ensure the brief is fully understood and confirmed before its acceptance in collaboration with the Line Manager.
- To be able to play an active and lead role in the delivery of the technical work
- Control and monitor work to ensure that delegated projects (including that junior members of staff allocated to the project/reporting to you) are delivered within the timescale, cost budget and quality parameters set and agreed with the Line Manager and that time is accurately recorded against projects. Notify the Line Manager of any changes (anticipated or real) at the earliest opportunity.
- Monitor adherence to use of Project/Design/Change/Client Management processes and procedures to ensure they are being actively adopted by staff across all disciplines and where resolution cannot be achieved at a project level, report non-conformances to Line Manager and Head of Project Management.
- Control and monitor progress on delegated projects (including those of reports) to ensure delivery timelines and budgets are on track. Lead the mechanical & mechanical team on delegated projects to resolve issues and manage change control.
- Control and monitor customer service in a proactive manner to ensure service promises are delivered to customers to achieve high scoring client perception marks and repeat business.
- Manage client relationship in conjunction with the Line Manager.
- Ensure performance, productivity, quality and innovation of service is maintained and continually improved.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key customers and influencers to promote the Frankham brand and support growth ambitions.
- Develop collaborative relationships with team leaders, managers and other team members in the business to deliver the projects to the agreed programme, cost and quality budgets whilst meeting or exceeding the Clients requirements.
- Have interpersonal, motivational, numerical, analytical, self -organisation, planning and control skills.
- To aid the Line Manager and Associate Director in developing and delivering to the Business Plan budgets and targets.
- Assist the Line Manager to deliver content for PQQs, fee bids Case Studies and other marketing material to ensure new pipeline work is continually secured.
- To assist in the determination and agreement of the manpower resource needs for delegated projects with the Line Manager and assisting in the monitoring and control thereof.
- Support the Line Manager in drawing up training and development plans for staff, for agreement with the Associate Director and assist in reviewing progress of staff against the plan.
- Be enthusiastic, proactive, flexible and adaptive in the pursuit of achieving the planned team goals and targets and change requirements.
- Able to influence and collaborate with other team members.
- Provide others in the team with a clear sense of purpose and direction, stimulating a productive team climate where members participate and feel involved.
- Puts case across with impact and conviction whilst presenting facts clearly and logically.
- Provide feedback and encourage others to contribute ideas and opinions.
- Able to maintain a balance between driving people and releasing their own potential.
- Project a strong sense of confidence in ability to handle difficult situations and achieve results.
- Displays persistence, determination and energy in overcoming obstacles.
- Full understanding of business activities/ relationships across the Market Sector and wider Frankham and promote the Company brand and views.
- Able to influence and support in commercial policies by understanding gross margin performance needs and be able to read and understand contracts.
- Ability to put together and deliver logical and influential power point presentations.
- Confident and professional communication with both external and internal customers.
- Effective working relationship with all levels and disciplines both within the Business and wider Group.
- Appointment and control of sub consultants when required.
- Keeping in touch with Professional Institutions regarding the qualifications and professional competence requirements of technical staff.
- Professional qualification chartered.
- Post Graduate qualification
- 15 years plus experience working in a professional services environment
How to apply
To apply, please forward your CV together with salary requirement and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.