Introducing an exciting opportunity to join the Civil Engineering Team at our head office in Sidcup as a Principal Engineer.
Frankham are seeking an ambitious and highly motivated Principal Engineer to join our Civils team to act as a Technical Lead, capable of taking a lead role in client management, driven towards developing the team and energised to assist with our digital transformation.
At Frankham, you’ll find yourself working as part of a young, growing and enthusiastic team. This role will provide the opportunity to work on a vast array of projects including rail, highways and maritime as well as genuine opportunities for career progression.
Title: Principal Engineer
Location: Home Working/London/Sidcup
Team: Civil Engineering (Rail, Highways, Maritime)
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a civil/structural engineering role.
- Chartered or Incorporated.
- Experience of leading projects and teams with the associated financial management.
- Design experience in a range of civil engineering projects.
- Proven experience of delivering projects to time and budget.
- Experience checking and approving designs and calculations.
- Experience of Eurocodes.
- Working knowledge of a structural analysis software such as Robot, SuperStress, MIDAS, LUSAS etc.
- Effective communication skills in a client facing role.
- Proficient use of MS office-based software is essential.
- Experience within the rail and/or highways environment (structures/bridges) is desirable but not essential.
- Act as a Line Manager.
- Undertake the role of Technical Lead & Project Manager, as required.
- Lead, support and manage project team members, including providing technical support.
- Mentor and develop the understanding and technical knowledge of colleagues.
- Determine a project’s scope of works, budget and programme and assign resources accordingly.
- Preparation of fee proposals and agreeing scopes with clients.
- Responsible for the financial, technical and project management of various projects.
- Supervise, check and/or approve technical reports, specifications, drawings, calculations, risk assessments and method statements.
- Lead design reviews to ensure coordination between design disciplines.
- Coordinate and ensure the production of specification and drawings are to highest standards.
- Undertake and lead inspections, examinations and scoping visits with the client.
- Have a good understanding of relevant Health & Safety Legislation, Codes of Practice & standards and current design methods.
- Liaise and attend meetings with clients.
- Assist with the promotion of the company’s capabilities to existing and prospective clients.
- Lead and/or support in all aspects of tenders, including producing and delivering presentations.
Benefits & Initiatives
Frankham offers excellent benefits and initiatives, including:
- Work From Home.
- Flexible working policy.
- 25-days annual leave inc. sell, buy & carry-over policies.
- Simply Health cash plan.
- Long service award.
- Bonus scheme.
- Frankham Friday.
- Cycle-to-work scheme.
- Life assurance.
- Annual season ticket loan.
- Generous maternity & paternity pay.
How to apply
If you believe you meet the above requirements and are keen to join a company with genuine opportunities for career progression, then please forward your CV to email@example.com to apply.