To be a member of the Health & Safety and CDM Team, principally involved in the provision of CDM Consultancy Services under the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015 acting in the role of Principal Designer and Adviser to the Client, and Health & Safety Consultancy Services. Project sectors include but are not limited to: Residential, Healthcare, Local and Central Government, Transport, Commercial and Education.
Title: Principal CDM and OHS Consultant
Team: Health and Safety
- Be experienced in the regulatory role of Principal Designer and the non-regulatory roles of Adviser to the Principal Designer and Adviser to the Client under the CDM Regulations 2015 (CDM 2015).
- Be able to fulfil all Principal Designer Duty Holder requirements under CDM 2015.
- Have the skillset required to be able to integrate seamlessly into both our in house CDM and Health and Safety team and all project teams.
- Have the skillset and ability to be proactive, comfortable, and assured in liaising with Designers, Contractors and the Principal Contractor on all matters relating to health and safety in design and construction when working as the Principal Designer on construction projects.
- Have the skillset and ability to be proactive, comfortable, and assured in liaising with Workers, Senior Management and all other interested parties on all matters relating to health and safety when working as a Health and Safety Consultant.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of working as a Principal Designer under the CDM 2015 Regulations is essential.
- Reasonable understanding and good working knowledge of the CDM 2007 regulations is desirable.
- Demonstrable experience and ability in relevant sectors across the construction industry – particularly the ones Frankham is strong in (detailed in this job specification).
- Demonstrable experience of undertaking Construction Site Health and Safety Inspections and Advice.
Technical Knowledge and Skill
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of CDM 2015.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of Construction Health and Safety Management.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of Occupational Health and Safety Management.
- Experience of high hazard environments is advantageous, but not essential.
- Holder of a full, clean driving licence (and owner of a suitable vehicle which will be made available for use at work and which possess the requisite business use insurance).
Educational Requirements and Professional Qualifications
- Be professionally qualified to either NEBOSH or equivalent standards.
- As a minimum have successfully completed the NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health or the National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety – or attain within 3 months of joining.
- Hold appropriate professional memberships of, among others; IOSH, APS, CIOB, IIRSM, IRM and, IRSM.
- As a minimum be a Technician Member of IOSH and an Incorporated Member of the APS – or attain within 3 months of joining.
- Able to evidence undertaking continuing professional development (CPD) and maintenance of skills
- Good communicator and listener with the ability to plan, manage and co-ordinate own workload.
- Good at taking instruction but also with the initiative to work autonomously.
- Diligent with an eye of detail.
- Be comfortable in being able to challenge designs, suggested methodologies and working practices.
- Be able to meet timescales and deadlines and have a god ability to manage time independently and effectively.
- Be able to engage, liaise and respond to Clients in a mature and professional manner.
- Have a positive working attitude along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Methodical approach with good attention to detail to ensure a professional standard is provided at all times.
- Ability to remain flexible within a busy and expanding team reporting directly to the CDM and Health & Safety Manager.
How to apply
To apply, please forward your CV together with salary requirement and availability to email@example.com.