We are a highly successful and expanding multi-disciplinary consultancy based in Kent. Established for over 35 years and have a varied client and project base from all sectors of the construction industry including education, housing, leisure, commercial and transport. We are currently seeking a Legionella Risk Consultant to join our existing team based at our Head Office in Sidcup.
Frankham Risk Management Services Ltd (FRMS) provides strategic risk management and compliance services and are a subsidiary of Frankham Consultancy Group which is a multi-disciplinary consultant for the built environment.
FRMS is an approved LCA supplier that provides water management services including risk assessment of domestic water systems, hot and cold water monitoring and inspection services, independent consultancy services, legionella analytical services and training services.
Reporting to the Head of Service, the Legionella Risk Consultant will be responsible for conducting site based Water Risk Assessments on our clients’ portfolios, carry out water sampling (to be sent to our service provider lab), provide basic Legionella Awareness training (or similar), support/advise on tender submissions or technical documentation and provide adhoc water management consultancy where required. The position is based form Sidcup and will deliver WRA contracts in the London/South East area and on occasion outside of the M25 location.
The Legionella Risk Consultant will be expected to attend meetings and possibly delivery basic legionella awareness training to our client base and its building managers and responsible people/staff. These engagements will always be within the employee’s skill sets. On occasion out of areas travel and overnight stays may be required, this will be by prior agreement.
As a great communicator, the Legionella Risk Consultant will be expected to manage their own work load of programming and scheduling site works and reports for established risk assessments portfolios, liaising directly with client contacts regarding project progress and following up with any additional advice/consultancy required that may be generated from reports/site works.
- Undertaking Water risk assessments in accordance HSG247 part 1 and in the Approved Code of Practice LS 2013 – The Control of Legionella Bacteria in Water Systems (ACoP LS) in an appropriate format, to an accepted standard in a timely manner.
- Overall communicator of the service area between the client and the FRMS team, to deliver risk assessments/consultancy/training in line with the contractual requirements.
- Provide technical support and advice to team members as necessary.
- Liaising with sub consultants.
- Attending client meetings when necessary.
- Undertake peer review/validation of others work where necessary.
- Provide technical advice to clients.
- Manage the expectation of assigned clients.
- Legionella risk assessments, adhoc consultancy and training.
- Creating site drawings (schematics) and reports.
- Using tablet, PCs and paper work to record site findings.
- Water Sampling and Tank inspections.
- Supporting tender submissions re technical advice re legionella.
- Travel to client sites providing an excellent standard of technical and customer service.
- Managing own time and clients.
- General project admin regarding Water Risk Assessment programmes and
As a successful Frankham Consultant you will need to be fully conversant with current Legionella safety legislations, guidance updates and technical standards as well as a full understanding of current Legionella safety issues, trends and best practice. A self-starter, the Legionella Risk Consultant you will confident in making contact with clients and their building managers and be able to manage their own workload.
In addition the below requirements are required for the role:
- 2/3yrs experience as a legionella risk assessor (minimum)
- Excellent technical knowledge in legionella
- Excellent time management
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent work ethic
- Full clean driving license
- Access to their own vehicle (complete with business use insurance cover) and be willing to travel throughout London and the surrounding boroughs/counties as part of their day to day working activity. (there may be occasions where the assessor will need to travel into the Home Counties to undertake site based inspections.)
- City & Guilds or equivalent water certification
- Water Management Society or equivalent training accreditation
- Frankham RMS will support your growth and development, including CPD and ongoing training opportunities.
- The Group operates reviews twice a year during April and October. It is also encouraged that regular 1: 1 meetings with your Line Manager are carried out.
- Following successful completion of probation period, notice period will be 1 month.
To apply, please forward your CV together with salary requirement and availability to email@example.com.