We are a highly successful and expanding multi-disciplinary consultancy based in Kent. Established for over 35 years and have a varied client and project base from all sectors of the construction industry including education, housing, leisure, commercial and transport. We are currently seeking a Intermediate Mechanical Engineer to join our existing team based at our Head Office in Sidcup.
- Responsible for the survey, design, specification, contract & project management of building services engineering projects under direction from Line Manager .
- Carrying out detailed surveys of Mechanical systems and plant, services and equipment to establish the extent of the existing installation and gain enough information to complete design and to coordinate and report findings to others as required.
- Preparation of drawings, designs, specifications, feasibilities, tender documentation and tender reports covering all aspects of electrical services and in collaboration with other disciplines. Technical report production, using CAD as appropriate. Assistance and advice on all aspects of energy consumption and utilisation and identify on delegate schemes, recommendations to improve energy performance.
- Contract administration, project management, site supervision and commissioning of projects in accordance with the Client’s Brief, cost constraints and programme. Investigate and diagnose faults or malfunctions of plant, services and equipment as requested.
- Preparation, coordination, archiving and retrieval of CAD drawings and Revit/BIM models as necessary.
- Preparation and management of design calculations, including building thermal modelling utilising approved software tools such as TAS, IES, Hevacomp and Cymap, and assisting in the supervision & mentoring of junior members of staff doing the same.
- Production of energy strategies and renewable energy feasibility studies in accordance with project sustainability and planning requirements.
- To provide sufficient design information to the Project Manager or Senior Engineer to assist in the financial control of the contract being maintained within the Client’s budget. Assist in the monitoring of the design and project management of commissions within agreed programmes. Report any variances or anomalies to the Project Manager or Senior Engineer, immediately for important items and at weekly intervals for the rest.
- Ensure in the compliance with Construction (design and management) Regulations for engineering aspects of delegated projects.
- Liaise with all Group representatives including Clients, Other Consultants, Contractors, and Company’s Representatives etc as required.
- Undertake all work within the timescale, cost budget and quality parameters set and agreed with the Line Manager and record time spent accurately against projects. Notify the Line Manager of any changes (anticipated or current) at the earliest opportunity.
Assist in the identification of new design work opportunities on behalf of Frankham.
- Any other duties reasonably required of the post-holder following consultation.
Job Requirements/Person Specification
- Either 2-3 years’ post graduate experience or comparable work experience within the building services design environment both off and on site.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in AutoCAD and design software (Hevacomp, TAS, CYMAP, IES etc).
- Experience of working as a Mechanical Building Services Engineering Consultant, including HVAC design, energy and sustainability etc.
- Ability to produce condition survey and feasibility reports to a good standard.
- Revit Experience desirable.
Educational Requirements and Professional Qualifications
- BEng, BSc or MSc Degree in Building Services Engineering, or equivalent by experience accredited to a professional body for route to Chartered status.
- A positive working attitude with good communication skills and flexibility in a dynamic role within an established building services design team reporting directly to their Line Manager .
Chain of Responsibility
- Reports to: Line Manager
- Responsible for: Assistance in the supervision of Junior or Graduate Electrical engineers.
To apply, please forward your CV together with salary requirement and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.