We are a highly successful and expanding multi-disciplinary consultancy based in Kent. Established for over 35 years and have a varied client and project base from all sectors of the construction industry including education, housing, leisure, commercial and transport. We are currently seeking a Group Bid Manager to join our existing team based at our London Office.
Project management of Bid Proposals
- Monitoring and management of bid team to ensure sufficient resources are allocated to each tender opportunity.
- Programming of each bid project to meet deadlines with sufficient time in advance.
- Ensuring quality of bid responses always achieve top scoring and target win rate
- Lead and manage the planning and project management of the production and delivery of all bid projects to ensure these are delivered within submission timescales.
- Provide guidance for answering all questions to the highest standard, challenging content where appropriate to ensure a winning proposal is submitted.
Editing, reviewing & writing of Bid Proposals
- Writing and review of proposals to ensure requirements are understood.
- Ensures that the proposal is structured and written in a manner that ensures the content: is easy to read; is technically accurate; comprehensively provides the correct/requested information in the correct form/structure for the intended audience; distinguishes the company from competitors and supports the company’s branding.
- Ensure that the proposal accurately and comprehensively communicates the company’s commercial proposition.
- Ensure that the branding and “look and feel” of the proposal: distinguishes the company from its competitors’; complies with the company’s style guide and supports the company’s brand.
Business Development & Bid Strategy
- Development of a bid strategy and capture plan is kept in strict adherence to the company’s targets and values always working in close collaboration with the Head of Business Development and SMT.
- Produce quarterly business reports of bid activity across the group and work with the bid coordinator to ensure capture plan and feebid master list are maintained accurate and up to date.
- Organise and chair weekly team meetings to “touch base” on bid activity to identify strengths, best practice and areas of improvement
- Chair brainstorm meetings to help leads convene on best approach to tender response, price and bid strategy.
Liaison & Communication
- Ensure timely and accurate communication with all external bodies involved in the production of a proposal.
- Ensure timely and accurate communication within the company of information relating to production and delivery of bid proposals.
- Promptly report to and liaise with the Technical Director and SMT on any matters related to the bidding activity.
Manage Bid Team
- Supervise and monitor team works to ensure bid library content is up to date, case studies for marketing are professionally presented.
- Monitor and approve team timesheets to ensure they are accurately and timely compiled by the team.
- Approve holiday and special requests for time off.
- Hold one-to-one sessions periodically to ensure each member of the team understands their role and responsibilities, but also to build a rapport based on mutual trust in an open and fair environment.
- Chair weekly bid team meetings to review activities and manage workload across the team.
Any other duties reasonably required of the post-holder following consultation.
Job Requirements/Person Specification
- Excellent English both written and spoken (GCSE English Level A or degree in English or a relevant discipline or equivalent)
- At least 3-5 years’ successful experience in a bid executive role.
- Managing bids (ideally within the construction/building industry).
- Working with public sector organisations.
- Knowledge of the OJEU and public procurement systems.
Technical Knowledge and Skill
- Assertive communicator and influencer, tailoring communication style to the target audience and ability to achieve buy-in from people. Excellent English both written and spoken.
- Highly skilled in editing and writing. Able to structure, edit/review and write technical and non-technical content to answer EoI, SSQ, ITT, RFQ, RFI, etc.
- Technical knowledge of the construction industry (in pp surveying, architecture and engineering) to a level that enables to accurately and competently assess and edit technical bid responses.
- Commercial acumen to be able to interpret and advise on pricing to steer commercial decisions towards the most competitive approach
- Self-motivated and self-starter. Displays a positive can-do attitude. Able to perform under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Team player, able to manage a small team.
Educational Requirements and Professional Qualifications
- A degree or equivalent by experience.
- Able to work under pressure and against tight deadlines.
- Excellent communicator.
- Organized and meticulous, pay attention to detail and has a flair for graphic aids like diagrams, tables, charts, flowcharts, etc.
- Proactive personality, take sensible initiative with minimum input from other parties, able to work independently but also comfortable as a team player.
- Willing to develop, accept responsibilities and take ownership of the process, accept criticism of his/her work and is adaptable to changes with the ultimate goal to win work.
- Upbuilding and positive.
Chain of Responsibility
Reports to: Group Technical Director
- 1 Bid Manager (full-time)
- 1 Bid Coordinator (full-time)
- 1 Group Bid Support Manager (part-time)
To apply, please forward your CV together with salary requirement and availability to email@example.com.