We are currently looking for a positive and flexible Graduate Civil Structures Engineer with a degree in Civil Engineering, concentrating on Heavy Civils and/or structural design and analysis.
Title: Graduate Civil Structures Engineer
Reporting to: Senior Engineer(s)/Engineering Manager
To perform structural analysis and design and/or to check such work performed by others.
Assisting with the site supervision of Civil and Structural Engineering schemes or elements thereof. Note that this may involve unsociable hours where working on rail projects.
Assist with or carry out inspections of Civil / Structural Engineering works. Note that this may involve unsociable hours working on rail projects.
To interface with colleagues and clients, attending and, as required assisting with minuting key meetings, representing the company.
To assist with, carrying out, or checking the preparation of drawings in CAD/Models (AutoCAD, Civils 3D, Microstation and/or REVIT) and increasingly using a BIM approach, training will be provided.
To assist with preparation of all project documentation, not limited to specifications, bills, H&S Plans, assurance forms, etc
To increasingly assist with the programming and control of projects and to keep the profit centre manager up to date on any key issues, costs or challenges. To assist in the delivery of projects to programme, to budget and to match or exceed the clients’ expectations.
Any other duties as may be reasonably required of the post holder following consultation.
Health & Safety
To attain the highest levels of health and safety awareness and fully understand and implement the duties of the Designer under the CDM Regulations.
Further Civil Engineering training will be made available to you to increase your skills and qualifications, in line with the consultancy services being offered by the Company. Engineering staff will be expected to attain and maintain CSCS, Network Rail PTS and LUL LUCAS card as a minimum for site access purposes.
All employees are actively encouraged to undertake further training to attain their desired professional status.
To learn and work with the Company’s Business Management Systems and RISQS processes.
Key Skills and Tasks
- Degree in Civil Engineering, concentrating on Heavy Civils and or structural design and analysis.
- Excellent report writing skills and excellent communication skills
- Experience in MS Word and Excel essential. Experience in CAD preferable but not essential.
A positive working attitude with good communication skills and flexibility in a dynamic role within an expanding Civil and Engineering Division. Working with design teams within all or any of the following
- Civil Engineering Rail Projects, bridges, station and lineside buildings, car parks, etc.
- Maritime and Heavy Civil Engineering, ports and harbours, sugar refineries, etc
- Building Structures, schools, hospitals, government buildings, residential, retail, leisure industries, etc.
Your qualifications and previous experience
- Aimed at a graduate college leaver plus 1 years experience, but with applicable experience gained previously including during any sandwich placement.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent Engineering qualification BEng or BSc essential MEng or similar desirable.
- Working towards Chartered or Incorporated Engineer (CEng or IEng) status but not essential.
How to apply
To apply, please forward your CV together with salary requirement and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.