We are a highly successful Fire Engineering Consultancy and part of this established multi-disciplinary consultancy. We are currently seeking a Fire Engineer to join our growing team working from our Sidcup office.
- Assist the Head of Fire Engineering in the development and growth of a fire engineering business.
- Assist the Head of Fire Engineering to identify and maintain a pipeline of new business and to prepare submissions to secure it.
- Assist the Head of Fire Engineering to establish and build effective working relationships with clients, suppliers and other partners.
- Assist the Head of Fire Engineering to set and deliver strategic objectives and growth targets.
- Provide effective communication and support to the Head of Fire Engineering.
- Supporting the strategic management and development of FRMS and The Frankham Group (FCG).
- Assist the Head of Fire Engineering to secure high quality revenue and profit growth through the creation of new business.
- Assist the Head of Fire Engineering with the formation and delivery of an agreed business plan to meet FRMS and FCG strategic objectives.
To assist the Head of Engineering with:
- Developing, implementing, and reviewing the strategic business plan for FRMS.
- Ensuring customer focus within all areas of business operational and support activities.
- Leading and supporting best practice activity and initiatives in both managerial and operational activities.
- Promoting and maintaining the core Values of The Frankham Group.
- Provision of leadership and guidance, advice, coaching and direct support (as appropriate), where required on issues of “STAR” (selection, training, assessment and reward).
- Supporting effective business communication through advice, review, leadership and direct contribution to management and team meetings, briefings, consultation forums, correspondence, publicity, monthly and ad-hoc reporting and other publications, as appropriate.
- Supporting the new business work winning process through solutions development, participation in presentations and consultation meetings, bid and contract generation and review, and support to mobilisation and resourcing activities on new contracts.
- Provide fire engineering services in support of an agreed business plan including but not limited to working on fire strategies, drawing reviews, CFD modelling, ASET/RSET studies, site inspections and the provision of advice on any elements of fire safety.
- Positive management of customer and partner relationships.
- Work to set strategic objectives for the BU and report on performance.
- Supporting the creation of credible and deliverable cross-Frankham offerings.
- Promotion and delivery of effective teamwork between the BU, Group and external companies.
- Implementation of Frankham Group tools, techniques and processes to ensure effective customer development.
- Ensure that the business strategy aligns with Frankham Group strategies.
- Ensure compliance, review, audit and support to process and policy.
- Ensuring effective management through the development and ongoing assessment of policy, processes and value for money solutions.
- Ensure an appropriate training strategy is in place to support the on-going development of staff.
- Ensure the appropriate sourcing of staff against key existing and new-business posts.
- Provision of operational reporting and performance monitoring, analysis and review against key financial and non-financial metrics and standards.
- Reporting to the Head of Fire Engineering.
- Indirect accountability to the Managing Director & Frankham Group Management Team.
- Responsibility for a growing team of operational and functional support staff and future direct line management responsibility for a team of professional and technical staff.
- Financial responsibility for the Fire Risk Management BU.
- Accountable for routine (mainly administrative) materials and consumables utilised in the running of the BU.
Person Specification – Attributes Required
Education / Professional
- A good general education is essential, ideally to degree level in a subject allied to Fire Engineering.
- Incumbents will be members/graduates of a recognised professional institute.
- No specified training is required, although job holders must be able to demonstrate achievement in the areas of experience detailed below, which is likely in a number of cases to be through formalised training courses.
- Incumbents must be able to demonstrate a career showing continuous personal development.
- Chartered status in a related subject would be welcome, but not essential.
Experience – Essential
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years fire engineering experience.
- In depth understanding of the construction or services industry, or ideally both with specific experience in developing fire strategies.
- In-depth knowledge of legislation pertaining to fire risk management.
Experience – Desirable
- Previous line management experience.
- Experience of working within both the public and private sectors.
- Demonstrate an understanding and application of fire engineering tools.
- Experience of CFD modelling and fire engineering calculations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Numerate and computer literate.
- Excellent motivational and influencing skills.
- Able to contribute effectively and on equal terms across all business activities.
- Able to create and analyse financial, technical and operational data.
- Politically astute.
- Incumbents must have a high level of energy, be self-starters, confident and stable in manner, and be able to prioritise and work on a range of activities within a high-pressure environment.
- Incumbents will be required to travel widely on occasions to support new business development and participate in training and strategic reviews. Occasional overnight stays may be needed
To apply, please forward your CV together with salary requirement and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.