We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Employer’s Agent with the ambition to qualify as a Chartered Surveyor. You will be expected to assist in the delivery of design solutions to various Employer’s Agent and Project Management instructions.
Title: Employer’s Agent
Reporting to: Senior Building Surveyor and Associate – Steve Bull
The main job purpose
- Understanding of clients brief for project
- Obtain instructions and written orders from Client
- Prepare tender documentation for submission to contractors, analyse tender returns, negotiate or recommend tender, appoint contractors etc.
- Liaise with all project team, including architects, contractors etc. to agree scheme brief / costs / programme
- Preparation of Employers Requirements/design briefs, preliminary documents including contract amendments.
- Undertake where required auditing / completion of funding documentation.
- Preparation of building contract for scheme i.e. JCT or development agreements and the administration of such agreements/contracts
- Contract administration, site visits, chairing project meetings, producing detailed minutes etc.
- Agree valuations, prepare Certificates/Notices for Payment, PC, Completion of Defects etc.
- Undertake snagging / end of defect inspections etc.
- Answer all correspondence in a timely manner
- Promote the consultancy services of FCG to potential clients
- Comply with all Company policies and requirements of the Quality Management system
- Keep up to date with all new legislation and disseminate information to team
- Any other duties reasonably required of the post-holder following consultation.
- Ensuring that all work is in full compliance with relevant Statutory Requirements and regulations, as well as the relevant records and systems requirements of Frankham and of those Surveying Institutions with which Frankham is associated.
- To have sufficient breadth of technical knowledge and to lead on technical delivery and to be credible in the eyes of the Client.
- Assist in the control and monitoring work to ensure quality of service is achieved and to ensure delivery timelines and budgets are on track
- Ensure project work meets all relevant technical and professional standards on a consistent basis.
- Be able to understand the technical and design requirements of projects and ensure compliance with the relevant technical, health, safety and environmental standards.
- Give input and guidance into the technical nature of the work and the appropriate approach to be taken to deliver the technical output.
- To assist in the scoping of client briefs to ensure accuracy, appropriateness and completeness. Ensure the brief is fully understood and confirmed before its acceptance.
- Able to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Project to aid the management and administration of the projects.
- Ensure that the Business Management System and the Quality Management System is followed.
- Working knowledge of the Frankham Consultancy Group policies, procedures and working practice
- Develop an understanding of project finances including job profitability and financial targets and to update key financial information on Frankham’s project management software
Your previous experience
- Office based and site-based work experience in the Employer’s Agent role, undertaken in conjunction with a suitable university course
- A positive working attitude with good communication skills and flexibility in a dynamic role within an established team reporting directly to a Surveyor/Senior Surveyor. A good team player who is willing to work hard.
- An ambition to qualify as a Chartered Surveyor. The role will allow for future development, training and progression into a Senior Surveyor role with the aim of achieving an RICS professional qualification.
- Proficient in Excel and Word.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Ability to write succinct and accurate reports.
- Good communication skills essential.
- Knowledge of the current Building Regulations, Planning law and JCT Contracts/Development Agreements required.
- Working towards an RICS accredited degree
How to apply
To apply, please forward your CV together with salary requirement and availability to email@example.com.