We are a successful and expanding Planning and Development consultancy based in Kent. Established for over 30 years, we have a varied client and project base from all sectors of the construction industry including education, housing, leisure, commercial and transport.
We are currently looking for a Development Surveyor to join our growing team based in Sidcup.
A planning and development surveyor investigates plans and manages proposals to either build new developments or organise the regeneration of existing sites.
Qualifications & Experience
- RICS preferred
- 1-2 years post Graduate experience that relates to the job specification in a Development, Consultant or Agency type role
- Good all round development technical knowledge and skill
- Managing or taking a lead role in projects, from the earliest planning stages through to completion
- Identifying new opportunities by conducting research and networking
- Interpreting data from various source
- Drawing up, presenting and negotiating competitive proposals
- Ability to undertake development feasibility studies and financial appraisals
- Ability to manage specialist sub-consultants and design teams
- Advising clients on the availability of finance and the feasibility of planning permission
- Preparing and presenting applications for planning permission
- Ensuring compliance with planning regulations
- Communicating and negotiating effectively with colleagues, clients and financial stakeholders
- Responding quickly to changes in market conditions, clients requirements and government policies
- Assessing land and property use requirements, including transport and infrastructure
- A positive working attitude with good communication skills and flexibility in a dynamic role within a small team reporting directly to a Director.
- Must be able to show initiative, imagination, lateral thinking and willingness to work autonomously if required.
- Confident presentation delivery skills and ability to lead meetings is an important skill.
To apply, please forward your CV together with salary requirement and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org