We are currently looking for an ambitious technician to join an expanding Civil Engineering team.
Title: Civils CAD/BIM Technician
Team: Civil Engineering
Frankham Consultancy Group is a multidiscipline practice based in Sidcup seeking an ambitious technician to join an expanding Civil Engineering team.
The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to work on a range of project sectors including Rail, Marine, Highways (amongst others). Ideally the candidate will have gained a minimum 5 years of relevant UK Civil Engineering experience in a wide range of project types with a heavy emphasis on Rail projects. Good hands-on experience and expertise in AutoCad are required and for the position and working knowledge of Autodesk Civils 3D and Revit would be beneficial.
A competitive renumeration package is on offer for the right candidate, salary will be negotiable depending on experience.
Key Skills and Tasks
- To prepare and compile CAD/Revit files to project requirements, including plans, sections, elevation, details, and all associated information in accordance with the Company CAD/Revit standard, BS1192, PAS 1192-2 or ISO 19650.
- To file all CAD/Revit related information in accordance with the company standards and be responsible for maintaining the document control of information for the duration of a project in relation to the filing system and issue of drawings & models as requested by the project team and/or CAD/BIM manager.
- To be able to work under own initiative within a multi-discipline environment, and to manage a variable and changeable workload. To be able to plan workload and ensure information is produced within parameters set out by Cad /BIM manager and or the project lead.
- To assist the CAD/BIM manager to maintain and develop the CAD/Revit library of standard information required for all projects including, CAD blocks & templates, Revit templates & families and standard technical details etc.
- To assist with updating and maintaining quality control and CAD/BIM standards to the CAD/Revit manager’s requirements.
- To attend Cad/Revit user group meetings to advise of any software issues, suggest ideas and solutions to aid other team members with software and drawing production issues. Openly discuss any requirements for personal development with line manager.
- Be able to undertake or assist with site surveys on occasion.
- Any other duties reasonably required of the post-holder following consultation.
- Excellent communication skills essential.
- The ability to follow instructions and work autonomously
- At least 5 years AutoCad experience in the Civil/ Structural Engineering sector, either in a contracting or consulting environment.
Technical Knowledge and Skill
- A good understanding of structural/ civil engineering design and principles and Network Rail drawing Standards.
Qualifications and Training
- Autodesk AutoCad competency. Civils 3D/ Revit experience desirable but not essential.
- Need to have a clear understanding in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience of Navisworks & Bluebeam Revu software would be advantageous but not a requirement.
Frankham Consultancy Group actively supports and provides ongoing training to aid personal career development. Training in above mentioned packages and others will be provided as and when required.
- Ambition and Drive
- Tidy appearance.
- Willingness to learn.
How to apply
To apply, please forward your CV together with salary requirement and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.