Looking for a “Hands On” Team Leader
- To perform structural analysis and design, and/or to check such work performed by others. Need to increasingly be able to design to principle Eurocodes 0-9.
- To interface with clients, attending and, as required, chairing and minuting key meetings. To develop and maintain own business streams.
- To react to call outs or pre-arranged events, attending site, making key decisions which may impact on the operational railway or the safety of the public and others and referring to others in the FCGL team as appropriate, preparing clear and concise reports to summarise findings in an agreed report format.
- To programme and control projects (or elements thereof) and to keep the profit centre manager up to date on key issues, costs and challenges.
- To deliver projects to programme, to budget and to match or exceed the clients’ expectations in terms of quality, health and safety and environmental issues.
- To deputise for the Profit Centre Manager in periods of absence or leave, to complete invoicing or other PC Manager duties.
- Any other duties reasonably required of the post-holder following consultation.
Job Requirements/Person Specification
- Structural design, buildings, roads, rail, underground and contract administration, drawing and contract document preparation (ability to do and also to delegate to others), site supervision of engineering works.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL
- Exceptional report writing and general communication skills. High level structural analysis and design skills.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Chartered MIStructE, BEng or BSc
- Enthusiasm, tidy appearance, sufficient physically fitness to be able to work in the rail environment, flexible, willingness to learn, but able to lead when required. Ability to identify and interact with our various client roles in rail in particular, but also Local Authorities, LUL/TfL, etc.
- Need to have a clear understanding of the use of AutoCAD and/or Micro station and be competent in the use of other MS applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and MS Project. To work on own initiative, either alone or within a multi¬disciplinary team to react to a variable and changeable workload.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Frankham Consultancy Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.