MEP Building Services BIM Manager job Sidcup, Kent.
As BIM Manager, the role can be deemed to be split into two sections: BIM Implementation Manager and BIM Project Manager.
The BIM Implementation Manager, with the support of senior management, should be responsible for the CAD/Microstation/BIM standards development, implementation and enforcement of CAD/Microstation/BIM systems, software, hardware and training for MEP Building Services across the Group as well as providing technical support to all members of design teams.
The BIM Project Manager position has been placed to generally oversee the running of BIM models and in conjunction with the Project Manager/Construction Manager checks for conformity and can act as a project interface of someone who knows a full overview of all disciplines working on the BIM model/project.
Through all stages of a project you may assist the Group BIM Manager in leading the CAD/Miscrostation/BIM capability of the Group implementing common methodologies, processes and standards. You will be raising the profile of Frankham as a BIM leader in the market and your role will include:
- Manage CAD/Microstation/BIM software products including but not limited to incorporating new version releases and customisation of the product.
- Assist in the implementation of supporting software for BIM.
- Assist new BIM related software and technologies as directed.
- Stay informed on best practices for use of CAD/Revit Architecture, Structures, MEP and BIM applications.
- Stay informed on other BIM related software and how they work with Revit.
- Installation and support of related CAD/Microstation/BIM software.
- Assist in the integration of CAD/Microstation/BIM standards development, implementation and enforcement.
- Advise on the creation and maintenance of the CAD/Microstation/BIM software Template files to assure standards.
- Provide a level of quality control for completeness and adherence to company standards of all drawings produced.
- Assist in developing and enforcing CAD/Microstation/BIM documentation and workflow process standards.
- Train and oversee the day-to-day activities of the Revit Specialists to ensure BIM standards are maintained in the creation of the Revit models from all disciplines.
- Create written technology evaluations and budgets for future technology adoption that aligns with the corporate goals.
- Participate in the company’s BIM discussion group.
- Assist the Group BIM Manager in reporting on the company’s current and projected state in regards to BIM implementation.
- Assist the Group BIM Manager in creating upgrade and deployment strategies for the BIM implementation including:
- Advising on current workflow, strategies, budgets, projects, staffing, etc in terms of design teams and project requirements
- Create a plan for implementation. Who are the team members, what is the project, what are the goals, etc
- Execute the plan, install the software, get templates created, get training, be involved in the pilot projects, etc
- Be able to demonstrate the company’s BIM success by evaluating goals that were established in the earlier phases
- Provide hardware and network support as it relates to CAD/Microstation/BIM production in conjunction with the IT support team.
- Support the CAD/Microstation/BIM technology needs of all MEP Building Services Teams within the practice.
- Troubleshoot problems through means of a CAD Helpdesk.
- Liaison with vendors.
- Liaison with software developer support staff and other support channels.
- Internal Training: Advise BIM Group Manager on Revit Fundamental and Intermediate training to staff in conjunction with CAD reseller support and training.
- Attend internal CPD Revit training sessions.
- Provide technical orientation to New Employees regarding Revit/BIM tools.
- Write a competency test for new employees to test skills in BIM/Revit.
- Maintain high level of competency of software through continued use and training of the most up to date software.
- Attend conferences, seminars and workshops for BIM; bringing back learning and disseminating the information to appropriate teams.
Project Interface – BIM Project Management
- Assessing the needs of clients and users and agreeing the project brief.
- Support project standards coordination with staff and clients.
- Prepare project work – modelling and detailing.
- Assist project teams in BIM project set up and continual monitoring.
- Managing and co-ordinating the design team and associated professional consultants.
- Appraisal of building performance in use and producing, developing and maintaining maintenance management information systems.
- Create Revit families in response to project need.
- Help resolve BIM design issues – Co-ordination role.
- Manage and distribute coordinated digital documents to the project team as required.
- Linking BIM to the project Construction Administration Phase for submittals, construction models, drawings and schedules.
Marketing of BIM services
- Assist with Web, literature, interviews, presenting at relevant client focused meetings and seminars.
- Keep up to date with future BIM/Revit Industry Initiatives and Developments.
- Identify trends and business opportunities relating to BIM. Evaluate and make recommendations regarding BIM software to the Group BIM Manager.
- Future planning for potential uses of BIM:
- Sustainable Design
- Facilities Management
- Point cloud integration and land surveying
- Cost and Time Estimating
- Specification Management & NBS
- Integrated Project Delivery
- 4D,5D,and 6D modelling (Navisworks)
- Gaining feedback from and de-briefing client and user.
Involvement with Industry Organisations
- CAD resellers and suppliers
- Local User Groups
- Local colleges and universities for future resources
- Providing professional guidance and decision making to clients, users and design/construction teams.
- Weighing up issues and making balanced judgements.
- Undertaking structured Continuing Professional Development.
- 5+ years experience or comparable work experience within the building / construction environment both off and on site. A detailed understanding and thorough business knowledge of the Building Services Engineering field with additional experience in other sectors including Structural Engineering and Architectural disciplines.
- Must have an in-depth working knowledge of current Revit and BIM applications.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL
- Experience in CAD & BIM capability in a recognised Industry Standard Format including 3D graphics and presentation relevant basic software (training will be given as required). An established skill of maintaining excellent client relationships, becoming competent in key client management as a tool towards developing future business.
- Must have basic PC experience in Windows environments, working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, Web-enabled applications and database software.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Suitable technical based qualifications, or equivalent by experience. Professional qualifications such as RIBA, MCIAT, TCIAT or similar are deemed suitable additions to the role. Additional qualifications such as National CAD accreditations will also favourable for the role.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Frankham Consultancy Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.