Mechanical Engineer job Sidcup, Kent.
Responsible for the design, specification and contract management of Mechanical Services projects
- Carrying out detailed surveys of mechanical plant, services and equipment to establish the extent of the existing installation and gain enough information to complete design and to report findings to others as required.
- Preparation of drawings, designs, specifications, feasibilities, tender documentation and tender reports covering all aspects of mechanical services. Technical report production, using CAD as appropriate. Assistance and advice on all aspects of energy consumption and utilisation and identify on delegate schemes, recommendations to improve energy performance.
- Contract administration, project management, site supervision and commissioning of projects in accordance with the Client’s Brief, cost constraints and programme. Investigate and diagnose faults or malfunctions of plant, services and equipment as requested.
- To provide sufficient design information to the Project Manager or Senior Engineer to assist in the financial control of the contract being maintained within the Client’s budget. Assist in the monitoring of the design and project management of commissions within agreed programmes. Report any variances or anomalies to the Project Manager or Senior Engineer, immediately for important items and at weekly intervals for the rest.
- Ensure in the compliance with Construction (design and management) Regulations for engineering aspects of delegated projects.
- Liaise with all Group representatives including Clients, Other Consultants, Contractors, and Company’s Representatives etc as required.
- Assist in the identification of new design work opportunities on behalf of Frankham.
- Any other duties reasonably required of the post-holder following consultation.
Job Requirements/Person Specification
- Either 2-3 years’ post graduate experience or comparable work experience within the building services design environment both off and on site.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL
- Experience in AutoCAD 2005 and design software (Hevacomp etc).
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- BEng or MSc Degree in Building Services or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent by experience accredited to a professional body for route to Chartered status.
- A positive working attitude with good communication skills and flexibility in a dynamic role within an established building services design team reporting directly to a Project Manager or Senior Engineer.
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com
Frankham Consultancy Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.