We are currently looking for a Team Secretary to join our Surveying and Project Management team.
Frankham Group is a multi-disciplinary construction consultancy with 40 years of experience, providing a full range of design, engineering, and consultancy services to the built environment.
When you join Frankham we will help you develop your knowledge and apply your skills so that you achieve your full potential. Our investment in training and your professional development, combined with the support and coaching from Frankham team members will help you learn and grow.
Our people are practical, friendly and are passionate about what they do. We believe in enjoying our work, going beyond expectations, and having fun in doing so.
Our belief is simple: use intelligent ideas to create human benefits.
- Preparation and production of the following: Minutes, Specifications, Reports, Fee-Bids, Letters, Contract Administrator’s documentation, programmes, spreadsheets etc. All documents/drawings to be issued in accordance with Frankham’s QA standards
- Client Pledge / Debt Management – Team secretary to assist Commercial Controller to carry out client pledge each month ensuring clients have received their monthly invoice/s with no problems/queries; queries to be resolved as soon as they arise. Outstanding Debts to be chased on a weekly basis (client/finance department) and workbench to be updated for debt management reports to be issued.
- Meetings/Calendars – Management of outlook diaries / team meetings / 1-2-1 meetings / appraisals and project resource meetings. Team secretary to ensure these are being carried out and are re-scheduled when necessary. To also be responsible ensuring E-focus Sidcup diary is updated daily.
- Time Management – Check on a regular basis that team members are completing their timesheets by the specified deadline, sending weekly reminders. To check time management reports (timesheet transactions) and make sure no one is booking to our profit centre, if so information to be issued to the finance department to enable them to correctly allocate the time.
- Project filing structure – To ensure all project folders are set up correctly using the standard filing structure and mail manger links are in place. To also ensure all documents are referenced and named correctly in line with current standards. To refer to job master report and fee-bid tracker weekly and create all new project folders.
- Web news / Case Studies – Team Secretary to chase for new potential Web news and Case Studies on a regular basis, to update trackers and issue to marketing department for completion.
- Annual Leave – Responsible for updating all annual leave cards, to ensure team are booking annual leave and it is being approved by line managers. To update all annual leave calendars once approved.
- Invoicing Schedules – Commercial administrator to provide information and draft schedules for team secretary to prepare and update, as necessary.
- Other general offices duties include:
- Occasional liaison with resident’s/clients in booking surveys.
- Minute taking
- Photocopying / Scanning
- To ensure team complete sick forms when returned from sick leave and issue to HR department
- Land Registry searches
- To assist with the Franking machine during holiday periods
- To keep all Filing / archiving up to date and ensure boxes are labelled correctly and achieving tracker is up to date
- Assist with the overflow of reception duties such as telephone enquiries from the switchboard. Answering and dealing with incoming and outgoing telephone calls and taking messages within a timely and efficient manner
- Provide Reception and Switchboard cover on a rota basis during holiday or absence periods as part of overflow
- Handling confidential Information.
- Scheduling meetings and preparing them
- Effective organisational skills
- Resolving administrative problems
- Conducting research on behalf of managers
- General ad-hoc duties such as checking and ordering stationary and tidying the office area.
Key Skills and Experience
- At least three years’ previous experience in a similar administrative or secretarial role.
Technical Knowledge and Skill
- A reasonable knowledge and understanding of the construction industry.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written, telephone, or face to face) are an essential requirement of the role.
Educational Requirements and Professional Qualifications
- Good general education with a high standard in English and Mathematics.
- Advanced PC skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point. Familiar with modern office technology including knowledge of using email, word processing, and the production of spreadsheets and databases.
- Fast, accurate typist.
- Pleasant telephone manner and excellent communication skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter – ability to use own initiative and take responsibility
- Excellent organisational skills
- Methodical approach with good attention to detail to ensure a professional standard is provided to clients
- Good teamworking skills and a flexible approach to work
- Attention to detail
- Punctual and reliable
- Can work without supervision
- Ability to cope and work under pressure
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and manage conflicting demands.
Benefits & Initiatives
Frankham offer excellent benefits and initiatives, including:
- Hybrid working subject to agreement.
- Cash Plan healthcare benefit.
- Long service award.
- Incentive Payment scheme.
- Frankham Friday.
- Cycle-to-work scheme.
- Death in Service Benefit.
- Annual leave inc. sell, buy & carry-over policies.
- Annual season ticket loan.
- Enhanced maternity & paternity pay.