We are looking for a Sustainability Associate to develop and manage a team to provide a full range of sustainability and conceptual engineering services to complement the Building Services Engineering team
Frankham Consultancy Group provides a full range of surveying, design, engineering and consultancy services to the built environment. We provide the majority of the core professional disciplines together with a number of specialist services to support all aspects of developing, constructing, upgrading and maintaining property assets over a very diverse client base in both the public and private sectors.
Our Vision is to become the leading privately owned consultancy in the South of England, differentiating ourselves from the large corporates, being a best place to work and a leader in the market in each of our disciplines/specialisms.
At Frankham, we have recognised our responsibility to lead change within the built environment. We are adopting a Carbon and Energy-led approach to our design services to enable our clients to realise their requirements whilst also reducing energy consumption and Carbon footprint. We are looking for an ambitious leader to help transform the Environmental Engineering team into a dynamic, client focused entity. The successful candidate will lead and develop our Sustainability and Building Physics team with the aim of helping to create a better, healthier, and more sustainable built environment for our clients.
Main Purpose of Job
- Develop and manage a team to provide a full range of sustainability and conceptual engineering services to complement the Building Services Engineering team.
- To provide directly or manage the delivery of the following –
- Energy Strategy Concept and Design
- Energy Assessment & Certification
- Building Physics and Building Modelling Services
- Building Performance and operational Energy Optimization
- LZC Technology Assessments, Energy Statements for Planning
- BREEAM, LEED, SKA, PassivHaus etc Assessments, Certification and Compliance
- Understand the requirements of Wellbeing and Wellness Assessments and be able to provide guidance.
- To lead/co-lead business development in the sustainable environmental engineering sector
- with the Director of Building Services.
- Assist in the establishment of the Frankham Group’s ESG team and champion the Sustainability goals of the Frankham Consultancy Group.
- Educated to degree/master’s degree level (or equivalent) in Engineering or the Built
- 5 years’ experience or more in the built environment and sustainability field
- Understanding of the requirements for BREEAM, LEED, PassivHaus, Ska and EnerPHit certification
- Working level of BIM integration knowledge using the UK BIM Framework and ISO 19650
- Understanding of project, people, and resource management.
- Excellent communication skills
Key Attributes and Behaviours
- Be enthusiastic, proactive, flexible and adaptive
- Able to influence and collaborate at executive and senior management level
- Provide others with a clear sense of purpose and direction, stimulating a productive team climate where members participate and feel involved.
- Put case across with impact and conviction whilst presenting facts clearly and logically.
- Provide feedback and encourage others to contribute ideas and opinions.
- Able to maintain a balance between driving people and releasing their own potential.
- Project a strong sense of confidence in ability to handle difficult situations and achieve results.
- Displays persistence, determination and energy in overcoming obstacles.
- Full understanding of business activities/ relationships across the Market Sector and wider Frankham Group and to promote the Company brand and views.
- Able to influence and support in commercial policies by understanding gross margin performance needs and be able to read and understand contracts.
- Ability to put together and deliver logical and influential presentations.
Benefits & Initiatives
Frankham offer excellent benefits and initiatives, including:
- Home/office working policy.
- Flexible working policy.
- Annual leave – sell, buy & carry-over policies.
- Health Shield cash plan.
- Long service award.
- Incentive scheme.
- Frankham Friday.
- Cycle-to-work scheme.
- Life assurance.
- Annual season ticket loan.
- Generous maternity & paternity pay.