STE2 Reviewing Engineer/Surveyor (CEFA)
Introducing an exciting opportunity to join the Civil Engineering Team at our head office in Sidcup as a STE2 Reviewing Engineer/Surveyor (CEFA).
Frankham are seeking an ambitious and highly motivated Senior Engineer/Surveyor to join our Civils team. We are looking for a dynamic engineer who is technically strong, capable of taking a lead role in quality and technical management, motivated to help assist and develop other engineers, surveyors and graduates and energised to assist with our contract delivery transformation.
At Frankham, you’ll find yourself working as part of a young, growing and enthusiastic team. This role will provide the opportunity to work on a long term contract with Network Rail with opportunities for career progression and development.
The ideal candidate will be an industry professional and want to join a team of building surveyors and engineers on a contract covering the Southern Region in Kent, Sussex and Wessex. They will have good knowledge of rail structures including stations, building and depots.
The Civil Engineering department at Frankham has grown over the last 3 years and a strong pipeline includes contracts & rail clients and contracts giving potential to grow and develop for the right candidate.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in a civil/structural engineering role.
- Substantial experience of railway civil engineering, with proven abilities in structures management, maintenance and inspection.
- OPI and OPAS is desirable but not essential.
- Degree or HNC/HND in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Professional qualification Chartered/Incorporated, or near to.
- PTS (Personal Track Safety) desirable.
- Examination experience in a range of civil engineering assets.
- Proven experience of assisting or delivering quality reports to time and budget.
- Experience of assisting projects and teams with the associated financial management.
- Experience undertaking and checking reports and deliverables.
- Effective communication skills in a client facing role.
- Experience of structural pathology and degradation.
- Working knowledge of asset management software would be an advantage but not essential.
- Proficient use of MS office-based software is essential.
- Experience within the rail structures is desirable along with STE02 competence.
- Mentoring and assessing staff on the CEFA Contract;
- Reviewing structures examination reports, ensuring they are compiled and submitted in accordance with standards and raising recommendations for action to safely and sustainably manage the assets;
- Assessing risks of structural defects to inform prioritised actions in accordance with standards and asset management policy.
- Undertaking site examinations, within own sphere of competence, for non-routine structures and tunnels.
- Providing engineering support and participate in investigations of incidents relating to structures.
- Liaising with the other structures teams to develop and disseminate asset knowledge, consistent best practice and in the review and development of functional policy and standards.
- Undertake the role of Technical Manager.
- Support and manage project team members, including providing technical support.
- Mentor and develop the understanding and technical knowledge of colleagues.
- Responsible for the financial, technical and project management of various activities.
- Prepare or check technical reports, specifications, drawings, calculations, risk assessments and method statements.
- Undertake and lead inspections, examinations and scoping visits with the client.
- Have a good understanding of relevant Health & Safety Legislation, Codes of Practice & standards and current design methods.
- Liaise and attend meetings with clients.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels in both technical and non-technical environments.
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of discipline standard specifications.
- Support in all aspects of tenders, including producing and delivering presentations.
Benefits & Initiatives
Frankham offers excellent benefits and initiatives, including:
- Home/office working policy.
- Flexible working policy.
- Annual leave – sell, buy & carry-over policies.
- Health Shield cash plan.
- Long service award.
- Incentive scheme.
- Frankham Friday.
- Cycle-to-work scheme.
- Life assurance.
- Annual season ticket loan.
- Generous maternity & paternity pay.