We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and influential Senior Vertical Transportation Engineer to act as lead representative for Vertical Transportation Engineering on delegated projects.
Taking responsibility for workload delivery of those delegated projects and reports under their control, aiding the Line Manager to undertake day to day monitoring and support/mentoring of the team, reporting back any issues/anomalies to the appropriate Assistant Manager(s) at the earliest opportunity.
Frankham Group is a multi-disciplinary construction consultancy with 40 years of experience, providing a full range of design, engineering and consultancy services to the built environment.
When you join Frankham we will help you develop your know-how and apply your skills so that you achieve your full potential. Our investment in training and your professional development, combined with the support and coaching from Frankham team members will help you learn and grow.
Our people are practical, friendly and are passionate about what they do. We believe in enjoying our work, going beyond expectations, and having fun in doing so.
Our belief is simple: use intelligent ideas to create human benefits.
Main Purpose of Job
- To act as lead representative for Vertical Transportation Engineering on delegated projects taking responsibility for workload delivery of those delegated project and reports under their control, aiding the Line Manager to undertake day to day monitoring and support/mentoring of the team, reporting back any issues/anomalies to the appropriate Assistant Manager(s) at the earliest opportunity.
- To act as Lead Consultant/Lead Designer/Lead Engineer/Engineer as required on delegated projects.
- Control and monitor all work of their own/their reports are delivered within the timescale, cost budget and quality parameters set and agreed with the Line Manager and that time is accurately recorded against projects. Notify the Line Manager of any changes (anticipated or current) at the earliest opportunity.
- To produce regular reports to the Line Manager in respect of project delivery against agreed timescales, cost budget and quality parameters.
- Understand and implement the group Project/Design/Change Control/Client Management processes on delegated projects. Report any non-compliances to the Line Manager at the earliest opportunity.
- Carry out detailed surveys of plant, services and equipment to establish the extent, condition and configuration etc. of the existing installation and gain enough information to complete reports or designs and to coordinate and report findings to others as required.
- Review and verification of detailed survey information of plant, services and equipment to confirm the extent of the existing installation and ensure sufficient information is available to complete the report, design or meet the Client’s brief as required.
- Production and coordination of drawings, designs, Information Models, specifications, feasibilities, technical reports, tender documentation and tender reports for all aspects of Electrical services. Checking of all above documents produced by others. Assistance and advice on all aspects of energy consumption and utilisation and identify recommendations to improve energy performance. Preparation of design calculations including building physics modelling utilising approved software tools and best practice methodologies.
- Have a working knowledge of BIM Level 2 processes, including ISO19650 and be able to implement these processes on delegated projects.
- Contract Management, Contract administration, project management, site attendance, witnessing commissioning, defects inspections and monitoring of projects to ensure compliance with the Client’s brief, cost constraints and programme. Investigate and diagnose faults or malfunctions of plant, services and equipment as requested.
- To ensure that the financial control of a contract is being maintained within the Client’s budget with the assistance of the Quantity Surveyors or Cost Consultants where appointed.
- Ensure compliance with the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations and other relevant Health & Safety Regulations and Standards for all aspects of delegated projects.
- Develop/maintain relationships with, influence and coordinate with members of other teams within Frankham Consultancy Group Ltd, Clients, Consultants, Contractors and Stakeholders etc.
- Ensure project work meets all relevant technical and professional standards on a consistent basis.
- Proactively promote and carry out the client pledge with customers to ensure timely payment of invoices in collaboration with the Commercial Administrator.
- Where delegated by the Line Manager ensure that written Letters of Instruction and signed Terms & Conditions are agreed with the Client and held on record.
- Work with the Line Manager, and the Marketing, Bidding & Business Development teams to prepare and submit high quality and competitive Tenders and Fee Proposals. Produce website news, case studies and other marketing content for all projects.
- To work closely with and aid the Line Manager in the development of new business opportunities and repeat business.
- Support the Line Manager in the development and implementation of the Profit Centre Business Plans.
- Supervision and mentoring work of junior members of staff where delegated by the Line Manager, ensuring work is carried out in line with required quality standards.
- Any other duties reasonably required of the post-holder following consultation.
Key Skills and Tasks
- To have sufficient breadth of technical knowledge and experience to be able to advise and guide the project team effectively on technical delivery, to assist in the quality assurance of work (and lead this process on delegated projects) and to be credible in the eyes of the client and the team.
- Ensure project work meets all relevant technical and professional standards on a consistent basis.
- Be able to understand the technical and design requirements of projects and ensure compliance with the relevant technical, health, safety and environmental standards.
- Give input and guidance into the technical nature of the work and agree the appropriate approach to be taken to deliver the technical output with the Line Manager.
- To lead the scoping of client briefs on delegated projects to ensure accuracy, appropriateness, and completeness. Ensure the brief is fully understood and confirmed before its acceptance in collaboration with the Line Manager.
- To be able to play an active and lead role in the delivery of the technical work.
- Able to assist the Line Manager in the review of Workbench and other reports relating to; job profitability, revenue forecasting, invoicing, WIP, sub-consultants, employee productivity, aged debtors etc. and reporting anything that may cause a variation to the above at the earliest opportunity.
- Able to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point in the delivery of delegated projects, and the administration of the business as required.
- Ensure that the Business Management System and the Quality Management System is followed so that professional Project Management and Quality Assurance plans and processes are adopted and implemented on all projects.
- Working knowledge of Business Management System, QMS System, Industrial Relations Framework, H&S and HR policies etc.
- Working knowledge of the Frankham Consultancy Group policies, procedures and working practices
- Control and monitor work to ensure that delegated projects (including those junior members of staff allocated to the project/reporting to you) are delivered within the timescale, cost budget and quality parameters set and agreed with the Line Manager and that time is accurately recorded against projects. Notify the Line Manager of any changes (anticipated or real) at the earliest opportunity.
- Monitor adherence to use of Project/Design/Change/Client Management processes and procedures to ensure they are being actively adopted by staff across all disciplines and where resolution cannot be achieved at a project level, report non-conformances to Line Manager and Head of Project Management.
- Control and monitor progress on delegated projects (including those of reports) to ensure delivery timelines and budgets are on track. Lead the Electrical & Electrical team on delegated projects to resolve issues and manage change control.
- Control and monitor customer service in a proactive manner to ensure service promises are delivered to customers to achieve high scoring client perception marks and repeat business.
- Manage client relationship in conjunction with the Line Manager.
- Ensure the timely issue of invoices and the execution of the Client Pledge in liaison with the Commercial Administrator and Line Manager.
- Provide reports to and attend formal management and performance review meetings with the Line Manager to review technical delivery of projects and progress against delivery plan and cost and revenue budget and to plan resource requirements and devise and implement solutions to deal with arising issues.
- Aid the Line Manager with the interview and recruitment of staff.
- Resolve disputes with clients, sub-contractors, and employees, with the support of the Line Manager where required.
- Hold appraisal interviews with staff with the support of the Line Manager where appropriate.
- Ensure performance, productivity, quality, and innovation of service is maintained and continually improved.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key customers and influencers to promote the Frankham brand and support growth ambitions.
- Develop collaborative relationships with team leaders, managers, and other team members in the business to deliver the projects to the agreed programme, cost and quality budgets whilst meeting or exceeding the Clients requirements.
- Have interpersonal, motivational, numerical, analytical, self -organisation, planning and control skills.
- To aid the Line Manager and Associate Director in developing and delivering to the Business Plan budgets and targets.
- Assist the Line Manager to deliver content for PQQs, fee bids Case Studies and other marketing material to ensure new pipeline work is continually secured.
- To assist in the determination and agreement of the manpower resource needs for delegated projects with the Line Manager and assisting in the monitoring and control thereof.
- Support the Line Manager in drawing up training and development plans for staff, for agreement with the Associate Director and assist in reviewing progress of staff against the plan.
Key Attitudes and Behaviours
- Be enthusiastic, proactive, flexible and adaptive in the pursuit of achieving the planned team goals and targets and change requirements.
- Able to influence and collaborate with other team members.
- Provide others in the team with a clear sense of purpose and direction, stimulating a productive team climate where members participate and feel involved.
- Puts case across with impact and conviction whilst presenting facts clearly and logically.
- Provide feedback and encourage others to contribute ideas and opinions.
- Able to maintain a balance between driving people and releasing their own potential.
- Project a strong sense of confidence in ability to handle difficult situations and achieve results.
- Displays persistence, determination and energy in overcoming obstacles.
- Full understanding of business activities/ relationships across the Market Sector and wider Frankham and promote the Company brand and views.
- Able to influence and support in commercial policies by understanding gross margin performance needs and be able to read and understand contracts.
- Ability to put together and deliver logical and influential power point presentations.
- Confident and professional communication with both external and internal customers.
- Effective working relationship with all levels and disciplines both within the Business and wider Group.
- Appointment and control of sub consultants when required.
- Keeping in touch with Professional Institutions regarding the qualifications and professional competence requirements of technical staff.
Qualifications and Training
- Essential – Minimum of HND/HNC/ONC in lift engineering or equivalent fields with demonstrable track record in the discipline.
- Desirable – Bachelors or master’s degree
- Essential – Have or be willing to work towards a recognised professional qualification and membership of appropriate professional bodies.
- Essential – Proven ability to lead own projects from concept to handover.
- Essential – Proven commercial awareness in a client facing role
Benefits & Initiatives
Frankham offers excellent benefits and initiatives, including:
- Home/office working policy.
- Flexible working policy.
- Annual leave – sell, buy & carry-over policies.
- Health Shield cash plan.
- Long service award.
- Incentive scheme.
- Frankham Friday.
- Cycle-to-work scheme.
- Life assurance.
- Annual season ticket loan.
- Generous maternity & paternity pay.