Introducing an exciting opportunity to join the Quantity Surveying Team as a Senior Quantity Surveyor with the opportunity to work from home
Frankham are seeking an ambitious and highly motivated Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our team to act as a Technical Lead, capable of taking a lead role in client management, driven towards developing the team and energised to assist with our digital transformation.
At Frankham, you’ll find yourself working as part of a young, growing and enthusiastic team. This role will provide the opportunity to work on a vast array of projects including residential refurbishment, new build, Bluelight, healthcare and public buildings well as genuine opportunities for career progression.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a consultancy environment.
- Professional Member of the RICS or close to achieving Chartered status.
- Experience of a variety of construction projects within both the public and private sectors; familiarity with healthcare, education, housing refurbishment (including re-cladding), mixed use new build residential developments would be advantageous.
- Proven knowledge of all aspects of Quantity Surveying including both pre and post contract related duties.
- Should be conversant with Excel spreadsheets and other standard Windows applications. Familiarity with bespoke industry software; Causeway CATO in particular would again be advantageous.
- Proven experience of delivering projects to time and budget.
- Effective communication skills in a client facing role.
- Understand the Client’s aspirations, establish the Project Brief and agree the best implementation strategy.
- Prepare feasibility stage reports confirming likely expenditure, optional costs and anticipated programme to a level of detail informed by design progress and Client’s constraints (time and budget); including liaising with other consultants.
- Review procurement strategy and advise the most appropriate solution in terms of contract form, cost certainty, flexibility and timescales.
- Liaise with all project team members to agree the proposed solution meets the brief in terms of functionality, statutory / legislative requirements, value for money / budget constraints, delivery programme and other related issues (e.g. sustainability)
- Produce appropriate tender documentation to secure a robust response including reviewing design information, confirming tender lists and responding to queries.
- Monitor design development and track commercial impact on agreed budget precedent to producing a detailed pre-tender estimate.
- Attend tender opening, undertake adjudication / reporting function including convening post-tender interviews, as necessary.
- Collate Contract Documentation ensuring it is complete and properly executed.
- Convene, chair, minute and attend (as agreed) all necessary progress meetings.
- Undertake post contract administration duties (again as agreed) including issuing all necessary instructions / certificates and processing interim payment applications.
- Provide regular progress reports advising performance against programme and budget, anticipating potential issues and advising possible solutions.
- Agree the Final Account for the completed project considering all matters which may have had a material impact on cost and implementation.
- Gather, produce, respond to and disseminate in a timely manner all correspondence and other material pertaining to the above and the project as a whole; including saving data in accordance with Company policy.
- Providing advice / technical support to the rest of the team and the Company as a whole on an ad hoc basis.
- Generally keeping up to date with new initiatives, changes in legislation, etc. affecting the industry as a whole and performance of professional services in particular.
- Any other duties reasonably required of the post-holder following consultation.
- To assist in the preparation of SQs and Fee Bids. To assist in the production of website news, case studies and other marketing content for all projects.
- To assist in the development of new business opportunities and repeat business.
- To contribute as directed to team management meetings.
- To become fully conversant with Workbench and interpretation of Workbench Reports.
- To assist where directed in developing, owning, communicating and putting into practice ideas to improve the performance of the team, the Profit Centre, the Division and the Group.
- Support the Regional/Group Manager in the development of the Profit Centre Business Plans.
Benefits & Initiatives
Frankham offers excellent benefits and initiatives, including:
- Home/office working policy.
- Flexible working policy.
- Annual leave – sell, buy & carry-over policies.
- Health Shield cash plan.
- Long service award.
- Incentive scheme.
- Frankham Friday.
- Cycle-to-work scheme.
- Life assurance.
- Annual season ticket loan.
- Generous maternity & paternity pay.