We are seeking an ambitious and highly motivated Senior or Principal Engineer to join our Maritime Division at our London or Sidcup (HQ) office.
We are looking for a dynamic engineer who is technically strong, capable of taking a lead role in client management, motivated to help assist and develop our junior engineers and graduates. Candidates should be energised to assist with our digital transformation.
At Frankham, you’ll find yourself working as part of a young, growing and enthusiastic team. This role will provide the opportunity to work on a vast array of projects across different sectors as well as genuine opportunities for career progression.
Salary range: £50,000 – £65,000 DOE
About The Role
At Frankham, you’ll find yourself working as part of a young, growing and enthusiastic team with plentiful opportunities for development and career progression.
You will work primarily with the maritime division as their workload increases but may also have the option to support the rail team. You will be exposed to a wide variety of projects where you will be learning new skills and techniques to keep boredom at bay.
Working at Frankham is sure to broaden your professional horizons and create exciting new possibilities for people, organisations and society.
You will be based in either London or Sidcup and liaise and interact very closely with the Infrastructure Engineering team. You will also have opportunities to work with other disciplines such as building surveyors, health & safety consultants, planners and bid teams.
The maritime division’s core work revolves around structural inspections, design, construction supervision and contract administration across the UK. You will be required to use your technical and practical experience to plan and design solutions for maritime and industrial facilities for a wide range of clients. You will have the opportunity to provide input to all stages of the project lifecycle, from fee proposals through to design and construction/demolition.
You will also play a proactive role in promoting maritime services internally and support other members of the wider team in the roles they are required to perform. Proficient use of all usual MS office-based software is essential.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Undertake the role of Project Manager.
- Act as a Line Manager.
- Support and manage project team members, including providing technical support.
- Mentor and develop the understanding and technical knowledge of colleagues.
- Preparation of fee proposals.
- Determine a project’s scope of works, budget and programme.
- Responsible for the financial, technical and project management of various projects.
- Prepare, check or supervise technical reports, specifications, drawings, calculations, risk assessments and method statements.
- Undertake design reviews to ensure coordination between design disciplines.
- Undertake and lead inspections, examinations and scoping visits with the client.
- Have a good understanding of relevant Health & Safety Legislation, Codes of Practice & standards and current design methods.
- Liaise and attend meetings with clients.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels in both technical and non-technical environments.
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of discipline standard specifications.
- Support in all aspects of tenders, including producing and delivering presentations.
- Aid junior engineers in project delivery and look to exceed client expectations.
Requirements (for Principal)
- Minimum 6 years of experience in a civil/structural engineering role.
- Professional qualification Chartered/Incorporated, or near to.
- Design experience in a range of civil engineering projects.
- Proven experience of assisting or delivering projects to time and budget.
- Experience undertaking and checking designs and calculations.
- Effective communication skills in a client facing role.
- Experience of Eurocodes.
- Working knowledge of a structural analysis software such as Robot, SuperStress, MIDAS, LUSAS etc.
- Proficient use of MS office-based software is essential.
- Experience within the rail and/or highways environment (structures/bridges) is desirable but not essential.
- Flexibility and willingness to occasionally travel to sites nationwide.
Frankham offer excellent benefits and initiatives, including:
- Flexible working policy.
- Annual leave – sell, buy & carry-over.
- Health Insurance – Health Shield cash plan.
- Long service award.
- Incentive scheme.
- Frankham Friday.
- Professional qualification support.
- Cycle-to-work scheme.
- Life assurance.
- Annual season ticket loan.
- Generous maternity & paternity pay.
- Long service awards.
- Employee introduction awards
About Frankham Group
Frankham Group is a multi-disciplinary consulting company with 40 years of experience, providing a full range of design and consultancy services to the built environment.
At Frankham, we have a dedicated and knowledgeable team of industry experts, all with diverse abilities, striving to provide high quality solutions to all our clients. The company strives to improve the surroundings in which we all live and work.
Our belief is simple – use intelligent ideas to create human benefits. From environmentally sustainable buildings to individual commissions, our projects have one thing in common, they improve peoples’ lives.
Established for over 40 years, we are a top 50 multi-disciplinary consultancy. We provide a truly integrated capability, providing all professional disciplines and a range of specialist services from within. Using directly employed staff allows us to take a holistic view of all the elements of each individual service, and their impact on every stakeholder of every project.
Our vision is to become the leading privately owned consultancy in the South of England, differentiating ourselves from the large corporates, being a best place to work and a leader in the market in each of our disciplines/specialisms.