Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to lead and manage complex projects in collaboration with our multi-discipline teams.
Frankham Consultancy Group provides a full range of surveying, design, engineering and consultancy services to the built environment. We provide the majority of the core professional disciplines together with a number of specialist services to support all aspects of developing, constructing, upgrading and maintaining property assets over a very diverse client base in both the public and private sectors.
Our Vision is to become the leading privately owned consultancy in the South of England, differentiating ourselves from the large corporates, being a best place to work and a leader in the market in each of our disciplines/specialisms.
At Frankham, we have recognised our responsibility to lead change within the built environment. We are adopting a Carbon and Energy-led approach to our design services to enable our clients to realise their requirements whilst also reducing energy consumption and Carbon footprint. We are looking for Senior Mechanical Design Engineers who share our enthusiasm for low energy design. You will need to be technically competent, understand the latest design tools and be able to be client facing. The successful candidate will be helping us develop a successful future for Frankham’s Building Services unit.
Main Purpose of Job
- Lead and manage complex projects in collaboration with our multi-discipline teams
- To understand and provide the following:
- RIBA Stage deliverables for MEP consultants (BSRIA BG6)
- Plan and manage delivery of multiple design projects
- Energy Assessment Interrogation
- Building Model Interrogation, utilizing calculation packages such as IES VE
- Building Performance and Operational Energy Optimization
- Understand the UK BIM Framework and ISO 19650
- Understand the design requirements of BREEAM, LEED, PassivHaus etc accreditation
- To assist the management team in securing repeat business from our client base
- To provide leadership and mentorship to junior members of staff
Key Attributes and Behaviours
- Educated to degree level and chartership is desirable but not essential
- 8 years’ experience or more in the mechanical design field of the built environment
- Understanding of Public Health and Electrical Design
- Understanding of the requirements for BREEAM, LEED, PassivHaus, Ska and EnerPHit certification
- Working level of BIM integration knowledge using the UK BIM Framework and ISO 19650
- Understanding of project, people, and resource management.
- Excellent communication skills
Benefits & Initiatives
Frankham offer excellent benefits and initiatives, including:
- Home/office working policy.
- Flexible working policy.
- Annual leave – sell, buy & carry-over policies.
- Health Shield cash plan.
- Long service award.
- Incentive scheme.
- Frankham Friday.
- Cycle-to-work scheme.
- Life assurance.
- Annual season ticket loan.
- Generous maternity & paternity pay.