Introducing an exciting opportunity to join the Building Surveying Team at our head office in Sidcup as a Chartered Building Surveyor.
We are currently looking for an energetic and driven Chartered Building Surveyor to assist in the delivery of design solutions and other professional property advice to our vast range of building surveying projects.
When you join Frankham we will help you develop your know-how and apply your skills so that you achieve your full potential. We invest in industry leading training and your professional development to support you to grow within our organisation.
We offer a competitive benefits package together with excellent career prospects and progression.
- All work is in full compliance with relevant Statutory Requirements and regulations, as well as our client’s needs. Also ensuring compliance with relevant records and systems requirements of Frankham and of those surveying and other Institutions with which Frankham is associated.
- Undertaking role of Contract Administrator/Project Manager on Building Surveying building works commissions, including the preparation of specifications and drawings.
- Undertaking a variety of Building Surveys including Condition Surveys, Dilapidation Surveys and DDA surveys
- Providing design solutions and producing reports
- Advising on solutions to Building Pathology problems
- Undertaking the role of Party Wall Surveyor, dilapidations and other quasi-legal projects
- Advising on in fire safety assessment and developing remediation projects
- Identifying and exploring new work opportunities on behalf of Frankham. Attending Frankham marketing functions and representing Frankham as required.
- Developing and maintaining close relationships with Frankham Clients. Liaising with Group representatives, Clients, other Consultants, and Contractors.
- Responsibility for the update and monitoring of the financial performance of projects through the use of Frankham’s own financial and job management database and client specific systems
Key Skills and Abilities
- To have sufficient breadth of technical knowledge and to lead on technical delivery and to be credible in the eyes of the Client.
- Ensure project work meets all relevant technical and professional standards on a consistent basis.
- Be able to understand the technical and design requirements of projects and ensure compliance with the relevant technical, health, safety and environmental standards.
- Give input and guidance into the technical nature of the work and the appropriate approach to be taken to deliver the technical output.
- To lead the scoping of client briefs to ensure accuracy, appropriateness and completeness. Ensure the brief is fully understood and confirmed before its acceptance.
- Assist & mentor junior members of staff
- Control and monitor work to ensure quality of service is achieved.
- Control and monitor work to ensure client brief and delivery programme are achieved.
- Assist Manager to ensure that projects are set-up on Workbench, including costs and budgets, and that time is accurately recorded against projects.
- Control and monitor progress on projects to ensure they are run as efficiently and profitably as possible, including delivery timelines and budgets. Assist in resolving issues and manage change controls.
- Monitor customer service proactively to ensure service promises are delivered to customers to achieve high scoring client perception marks and repeat business.
- Ensure performance, productivity, quality and innovation of service is maintained and improved.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key Clients.
- Have interpersonal, motivational, numerical, analytical, self organisation, planning and control skills.
- Assist with the input for SQs, Fee Bids, Case Studies and other marketing material.
- To assist the Assistant Manager and Manager on resource needs for projects.
Key Qualities and Behaviours
- Be enthusiastic, proactive, flexible and adaptive in the pursuit of achieving the planned team goals and targets.
- Able to collaborate with the Assistant Manage/Manager.
- Assist junior members in the team with any technical queries.
- Puts case across with impact and conviction whilst presenting facts clearly and logically.
- Project a strong sense of confidence in ability to handle difficult situations and achieve results.
- Displays persistence, determination and energy in overcoming obstacles.
Qualifications and Training
- MRICS or MCIOB or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience.
- BSc Building Surveying, Construction Management or similar or equivalent by experience.
- Completing CPD in accordance with RICS Regulations
Benefits & Initiatives
Frankham offers excellent benefits and initiatives, including:
- Home/office working policy.
- Flexible working policy.
- Annual leave – sell, buy & carry-over policies.
- Health Shield cash plan.
- Long service award.
- Incentive scheme.
- Frankham Friday.
- Cycle-to-work scheme.
- Life assurance.
- Annual season ticket loan.
- Generous maternity & paternity pay.