Introducing an exciting opportunity to join the Civil Engineering Team as a Principal Engineer with the opportunity to work from home.
Frankham are seeking an ambitious and highly motivated Principal Engineer to join our Civils team to act as a Technical Lead, capable of taking a lead role in client management, driven towards developing the team and energised to assist with our digital transformation.
At Frankham, you’ll find yourself working as part of a young, growing and enthusiastic team. This role will provide the opportunity to work on a vast array of projects including rail, highways and maritime as well as genuine opportunities for career progression.
Salary: £52,000 – £57,000
Frankham Consultancy Group is a multi-disciplinary consulting company with 40 years of experience, providing a full range of design and consultancy services to the built environment.
At Frankham, we have a dedicated and knowledgeable team of industry experts, all with diverse abilities, striving to provide high quality solutions to all our clients. The company strives to improve the surroundings in which we all live and work.
Our belief is simple: use intelligent ideas to create human benefits.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a civil/structural engineering role.
- Chartered or Incorporated.
- Experience of leading projects and teams with the associated financial management.
- Design experience in a range of civil engineering projects.
- Proven experience of delivering projects to time and budget.
- Experience checking and approving designs and calculations.
- Experience of Eurocodes.
- Working knowledge of a structural analysis software such as Robot, SuperStress, MIDAS, LUSAS etc.
- Effective communication skills in a client facing role.
- Proficient use of MS office-based software is essential.
- Experience within the rail and/or highways environment (structures/bridges) is desirable but not essential.
- Act as a Line Manager.
- Undertake the role of Technical Lead & Project Manager, as required.
- Lead, support and manage project team members, including providing technical support.
- Mentor and develop the understanding and technical knowledge of colleagues.
- Determine a project’s scope of works, budget and programme and assign resources accordingly.
- Preparation of fee proposals and agreeing scopes with clients.
- Responsible for the financial, technical and project management of various projects.
- Supervise, check and/or approve technical reports, specifications, drawings, calculations, risk assessments and method statements.
- Lead design reviews to ensure coordination between design disciplines.
- Coordinate and ensure the production of specification and drawings are to highest standards.
- Undertake and lead inspections, examinations and scoping visits with the client.
- Have a good understanding of relevant Health & Safety Legislation, Codes of Practice & standards and current design methods.
- Liaise and attend meetings with clients.
- Assist with the promotion of the company’s capabilities to existing and prospective clients.
- Lead and/or support in all aspects of tenders, including producing and delivering presentations.
Benefits & Initiatives
Frankham offers excellent benefits and initiatives, including:
- Home/office working policy.
- Flexible working policy.
- Annual leave – sell, buy & carry-over policies.
- Health Shield cash plan.
- Long service award.
- Incentive scheme.
- Frankham Friday.
- Cycle-to-work scheme.
- Life assurance.
- Annual season ticket loan.
- Generous maternity & paternity pay.