We are seeking an enthusiastic and proactive Office Assistant to join our team in Sidcup to provide administrative and secretarial support to the Frankham Group. This role is perfect for a school leaver.
You will regularly be in contact with managers within the group from the Chairman to junior members of staff and external clients/training providers.
Frankham Group is a multi-disciplinary construction consultancy with 40 years of experience, providing a full range of design, engineering and consultancy services to the built environment.
When you join Frankham we will help you develop your know-how and apply your skills so that you achieve your full potential. Our investment in training and your professional development, combined with the support and coaching from Frankham team members will help you learn and grow.
Our people are practical, friendly and are passionate about what they do. We believe in enjoying our work, going beyond expectations, and having fun in doing so.
Our belief is simple: use intelligent ideas to create human benefits.
Main Purpose of Job
- Providing administration support for our rail team to include, but not limited to, booking training and medical appointments, accurately updating and maintaining information on our excel database and the online database and keeping hard copies for our file. Providing assistance during our yearly audit, including preparation of evidence.
- Follow the company process ordering, issuing and maintaining PPE and equipment for the group. Raising purchase orders to cover costs of training, medicals and PPE. Issuing safety bulletins to the rail team as and when required and keeping accurate records of read receipts.
- Daily reception cover to include greeting visitors to the office in a professional and friendly manner, ensuring visitors sign in and out. Logging incoming calls, taking and distributing messages (where appropriate) and/or forward messages via email to appropriate person plus their secretary. Complete office ‘daily checks’, checking toilet and kitchen supplies morning and afternoon. Ensure each floor has tea, coffee and milk and reporting if running low. Organise booking arrangements for meeting rooms for FCG staff and our tenants. Look after the group post, open, date stamp and initial all incoming post and collect and frank the outgoing post ready for collection. Log hand delivered / couriered post / packages and distribute to addressee. Check outlook calendars and record daily whereabouts of staff into the Sidcup diary. Provide reception ‘Frankham Friday’ cover for the office. Water the plants in the office on a weekly basis. Assist updating internal telephone, mobile numbers and car registrations and distribute to staff. Assist with keeping the reception area tidy at all times.
- Assist the team with their day to day secretarial & administration tasks including, preparing, formatting and issuing specifications, reports, minutes, fee proposals, photographs, letters and general correspondence. Photocopying, scanning, binding, and archiving.
- Assist the office manager to maintain & manage stationery supplies and organising travel/accommodation.
- Assist the office manager with the group approved supplier list.
- Any other duties as reasonably required of post holder following consultation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written, telephone and face to face) are an essential requirement of the role.
- Good PC skills required (Microsoft package) Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Full training will be provided on the bespoke company systems.
- Reliable in punctuality and attendance
- Strong organisational skills
- Attention to detail with excellent record keeping skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent team working skills.
- No specific qualifications required, although a secretarial qualification or previous secretarial experience would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent English and Maths skills – Essential
- Excellent telephone manner – Essential
- Previous secretarial experience / secretarial qualification – Desirable
- Good knowledge office technology (Microsoft), including knowledge of using email, word processing and the production of spreadsheets and databases – Desirable
Benefits & Initiatives
We offer excellent benefits and initiatives, including:
- SimplyHealth healthcare benefit.
- Long service award.
- Bonus scheme.
- Frankham Friday.
- Cycle-to-work scheme.
- Professional institution fees covered.
- Pension scheme.
- Life assurance.
- Annual leave inc. sell, buy & carry-over policies.
- Annual season ticket loan.
- Generous maternity & paternity pay.