Maritime Engineer – Engineer, Senior or Principal
We are seeking an ambitious and highly motivated Engineer to join our Maritime Division at Engineer, Senior or Principal level based out of our London office in Blackfriars.
Due to an increased workload, we are looking for a dynamic engineer who is technically strong, capable of taking a lead role in client management, motivated to help assist and develop our junior engineers and graduates. Candidates should be energised to assist with our digital transformation.
At Frankham, you’ll find yourself working as part of a young, growing and enthusiastic team. This role will provide the opportunity to work on a vast array of projects across different sectors as well as genuine opportunities for career progression.
Frankham Group is a multi-disciplinary construction consultancy with 40 years of experience, providing a full range of design, engineering and consultancy services to the built environment.
Our people are practical, friendly and are passionate about what they do. We believe in enjoying our work, going beyond expectations, and having fun in doing so.
Our belief is simple: use intelligent ideas to create human benefits.
Salary range: £37,500 – £62,000 DOE
About the role
At Frankham, you’ll find yourself working as part of a young, growing and enthusiastic team with plentiful opportunities for development and career progression, particularly when it comes to achieving chartership with the ICE.
- Working at Frankham is sure to broaden your professional horizons and create exciting new possibilities for people, organisations and society.
- You will be based in our London office and interact very closely with the infrastructure team. You will also have opportunities to work with other disciplines such as building surveyors, health & safety consultants, planners, architects and bid teams.
- The maritime division’s core work revolves around structural inspections, design, construction supervision and contract administration across the UK. You will be required to use your technical and practical experience to plan and design solutions for maritime and industrial facilities for a wide range of clients. You will have the opportunity to provide input to all stages of the project lifecycle, from fee proposals through to design and construction/demolition.
- You will also play a proactive role in promoting maritime services internally and support other members of the wider team in the roles they are required to perform. Proficient use of all usual MS office-based software is essential.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Undertake the role of Project Manager (small to medium sized for Engineer, large projects for Senior or Principal).
- Act as a Line Manager (Senior and Principal).
- Support and manage project team members, including providing technical support to our enthusiastic team of graduates).
- Mentor and develop the understanding and technical knowledge of colleagues.
- Preparation of fee proposals.
- Determine a project’s scope of works, budget and programme.
- Responsible for the financial, technical and project management of various projects.
- Prepare, check or supervise technical reports, specifications, drawings, calculations, risk assessments and method statements.
- Undertake design reviews to ensure coordination between design disciplines.
- Undertake and lead inspections, examinations and scoping visits with the client.
- Have a good understanding of relevant Health & Safety Legislation, Codes of Practice & standards and current design methods.
- Liaise and attend meetings with clients.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels in both technical and non-technical environments.
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of discipline standard specifications.
- Support in all aspects of tenders, including producing and delivering presentations.
- Aid junior engineers in project delivery and look to exceed client expectations.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a civil/structural engineering role (or more for Senior or Principal roles).
- Professional qualification Chartered/Incorporated or working towards.
- Design experience in a range of civil engineering projects.
- Proven experience of assisting or delivering projects to time and budget.
- Experience undertaking and checking reports, designs and calculations.
- Effective communication skills in a client facing role.
- Experience of Eurocodes.
- Working knowledge of a structural analysis software such as Robot, SuperStress, MIDAS, LUSAS etc.
- Proficient use of MS office-based software is essential.
- Experience within the rail and/or highways environment (structures/bridges) is desirable but not essential.
- Flexibility and willingness to occasionally travel to sites nationwide.
Benefits & Initiatives
Frankham offers excellent benefits and initiatives, including:
- Home/office working policy.
- Flexible working policy.
- Annual leave – sell, buy & carry-over policies.
- Health Shield cash plan.
- Long service award.
- Incentive scheme.
- Frankham Friday.
- Cycle-to-work scheme.
- Life assurance.
- Annual season ticket loan.
- Generous maternity & paternity pay.
We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity.