We are looking for a Group Senior Accountant to strengthen the function in Accounting, Compliance and Controls.
You’ll manage statutory accounts, tax compliance, and internal/external audits, overseeing Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Payroll functions. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and SAP Business One, along with strong leadership skills, are crucial. Your role involves optimising processes, ensuring compliance, and maintaining efficient month-end cycles. Candidates with ACCA or CIMA qualifications are preferred, demonstrating exceptional numerical, analytical, and organizational abilities.
- Manage the statutory accounts production and compliance processes ensuring adherence to statutory requirements and deadlines.
- Manage the tax compliance processes (for corporation tax, VAT, PAYE & NIC, R&D and CIS) ensuring adherence to statutory requirements and deadlines.
- Coordinate the External Audit.
- Oversee the management of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll functions.
- Responsible for financial month end cycle, focus on strong controls, reduce month end close and efficient processes.
- Review Group Trial Balance.
- Prepare the Division One allocation and do the journals and finalising with the Group Managing Director on a quarterly basis.
- Review consolidated group accounts.
- Manage and develop finance processes to ensure that financial controls are maintained to a high standard.
- Manage the group’s fixed asset registers and ensure that all capital expenditure is authorised at agreed levels.
- WIP Preparation & Issue Schedules.
- Review WIP schedules & Approve – Discuss/Challenge Managers.
- Reviewing the Accounts (P&L).
- Issue the Management Accounts.
- Manage Group Cash and cash flow forecast.
- Balance Sheet Preparation.
- Review the Group Sales and Creditors Analysis.
- Assist in preparation of annual reports Submission of Information requirements for the Office of National Statistics & review of other returns, CITB Levy, Gender Pay reporting etc.
- Review Debtors – Focus on 60 & 90 Days.
- Purchase Order coding approval (Approval of Purchase Orders).
- Prepare and produce the financial reports to the Bids and Marketing teams.
- Dealing with Hire Purchase or Leasing Agreement.
- Reviewing the Group Overhead Budget.
- Assisting with the preparation of financial overview report.
- Review the Group revenue forecast.
- Any ad hoc duties.
Key Skills and Tasks
- Manage the Finance Team.
- Have interpersonal, negotiable, numerical, analytical, self organisation, planning and control skills.
- People Management including holding appraisals, resolution of people issues, negotiation, and consultation with employees. Interview and recruitment of staff.
- Responsible for financial month end cycle, focus on strong controls, reduce month end close.
- Operate to deadlines.
- Review and update all finance related procedures policies and processes.
- Making sure the monthly accounting cycle met according to the plan.
- Able to use Microsoft Excel to an advanced level
- Experience of SAP Business One (training to be provided)
- Qualification (ACCA or CIMA)
Frankham offer excellent benefits and initiatives, including:
- Flexible working policy.
- Annual leave – sell, buy & carry-over.
- Health Insurance – Health Shield cash plan.
- Long service award.
- Incentive scheme.
- Frankham Friday.
- Professional qualification support.
- Cycle-to-work scheme.
- Life assurance.
- Annual season ticket loan.
- Generous maternity & paternity pay.
- Long service awards.
- Employee introduction awards
About Frankham Group
Frankham Group is a multi-disciplinary consulting company with 40 years of experience, providing a full range of design and consultancy services to the built environment.
At Frankham, we have a dedicated and knowledgeable team of industry experts, all with diverse abilities, striving to provide high quality solutions to all our clients. The company strives to improve the surroundings in which we all live and work.
Our belief is simple – use intelligent ideas to create human benefits. From environmentally sustainable buildings to individual commissions, our projects have one thing in common, they improve peoples’ lives.
Established for over 40 years, we are a top 50 multi-disciplinary consultancy. We provide a truly integrated capability, providing all professional disciplines and a range of specialist services from within. Using directly employed staff allows us to take a holistic view of all the elements of each individual service, and their impact on every stakeholder of every project.
Our vision is to become the leading privately owned consultancy in the South of England, differentiating ourselves from the large corporates, being a best place to work and a leader in the market in each of our disciplines/specialisms.