Group Business Development Manager
We are seeking an enthusiastic and proactive Group Business Development Manager to join our team in Sidcup to lead and manage Group Business Development and Sales.
Frankham Group is a multi-disciplinary construction consultancy with 40 years of experience, providing a full range of design, engineering and consultancy services to the built environment.
When you join Frankham we will help you develop your know-how and apply your skills so that you achieve your full potential. Our investment in training and your professional development, combined with the support and coaching from Frankham team members will help you learn and grow.
Our people are practical, friendly and are passionate about what they do. We believe in enjoying our work, going beyond expectations, and having fun in doing so.
Our belief is simple: use intelligent ideas to create human benefits.
Main Purpose of Job
- Drive the culture of the company through the team and deliver the company values
- The main purpose of the role is to lead and manage Group Business Development and Sales.
- Develop the Group Business Development and Sales Strategies. Including the overarching strategy and individual discipline and division strategies working with the SMT, division directors and Managers.
- Work with the Division Directors and Managers to implement those strategies.
- Lead, develop and manage agreed business development and sales initiatives. Driving revenue growth across the Group by carrying out a strategic business development, which involves building relationships and uncovering opportunities within a multi-disciplinary environment
- Develop the unique value proposition of the Group.
- Oversee the management of group client relationships identify all key clients and review and oversee our relationship management with them.
- Develop and propose sales targets, lead the strategy to open relationships and create opportunities from those targets working with the SMT, Divisional Directors and Managers.
- Rigorous and disciplined management of the opportunity pipeline, from enquiry to financial close, through a structured process with simple but effective governance.
- Develop all Current Frameworks to ensure the Group realises the potential from them.
- Identify new frameworks and target group success to get on the framework, working with the bid team and other Directors.
- Lead and manage Group attendance at all conferences and industry events including developing and implementing the plan and strategy to get value from that attendance.
- Propose clients for all group social event attendance. Include overseeing attendance at sporting events including the Group tickets at Chelsea.
- Manage, maintain, ensure the use of and maximise the value of the Groups CRM system ACT.
- Report to the Executive Board.
- Experience with providing strong leadership and hands-on participation in strategic engagements.
- Proven leader who can command their area of accountability and take us with them to achieve new things we have not previously been able to realise as a company.
- Structure and analytics. Quickly structures ambiguity and/or provides clarity where there is uncertainty. Able to shape ideas and identify the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats associated with each. Steadfast and focussed with more senior stakeholders, maintaining facilitation and focus.
- Business change. Familiarity with process design, implementation and adoption including associated impacts to roles and responsibilities, technologies, mindsets, and behaviours.
- Self-starter. Embraces challenge and interested in growing their career, passionate about learning and looking for ways to drive continuous improvement (in themselves and the business).
- Views their scope of work as their own ‘business’ inside the broader business. ‘Sells’ propositions and proposals to others that will support them and/or make them more impactful.
- Strong articulation and presentation skills; Ability to convey complex messages simply; able to present to senior audiences with credibility and conviction.
- Stakeholder management. Experience managing both internal and external stakeholders at various levels of seniority and across diverse cultures. Track-record of working successfully in teams and coordinating people around common messages, plans and objectives. Be very good at developing relationships.
Key Attitude and Behaviours
- Be enthusiastic, proactive, flexible and adaptive in the pursuit of achieving the planned business goals and targets and change requirements.
- Able to influence and collaborate at executive and senior management level and with direct reports.
- Provide others with a clear sense of purpose and direction, stimulating a productive team climate where members participate and feel involved.
- Put case across with impact and conviction whilst presenting facts clearly and logically.
- Provides feedback and encourage others to contribute ideas and opinions.
- Able to maintain a balance between driving people and releasing their own potential.
- Project a strong sense of confidence in ability to handle difficult situations and achieve results.
- Displays persistence, determination and energy in overcoming obstacles.
- Full understanding of business activities/relationships across the Market Sectors and wider Frankham Group and to promote the Company brand and views.
- Ability to put together and deliver logical and influential power point presentations.
Qualifications and Training
- Desirable – Professional qualification – Chartered in an associated work discipline
- Desirable – 5 years working with senior management
Benefits & Initiatives
Frankham offers excellent benefits and initiatives, including:
- Home/office working policy.
- Flexible working policy.
- Annual leave – sell, buy & carry-over policies.
- Health Shield cash plan.
- Long service award.
- Incentive scheme.
- Frankham Friday.
- Cycle-to-work scheme.
- Life assurance.
- Annual season ticket loan.
- Generous maternity & paternity pay.