We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and confident Group Assistant Financial Accountant to join our Finance team at our Sidcup office.
Frankham Group is a multi-disciplinary construction consultancy with 40 years of experience, providing a full range of design, engineering and consultancy services to the built environment.
When you join Frankham we will help you develop your know-how and apply your skills so that you achieve your full potential. Our investment in training and your professional development, combined with the support and coaching from Frankham team members will help you learn and grow.
Our people are practical, friendly and are passionate about what they do. We believe in enjoying our work, going beyond expectations, and having fun in doing so.
Our belief is simple: use intelligent ideas to create human benefits.
- Perform month end checks on reversing accruals, open batches, roll forward accounts.
- Monthly standing journals, accruals and prepayments.
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Production of 1st draft Trial Balance.
- Fixed Asset Registers / Depreciation charge + Reconciliation to TB.
- Intercompany Accounting / Reconciliation.
- Preparation of Information requirements for the Office of National Statistics.
- Production & review of VAT returns.
- Assist with External Audit.
- Authorising BACS/PP payments on HSBC.
- Purchase Order coding approval (Approval of Purchase Orders)
- Check and update Purchase/Expenses.
- National Statistics Returns
- Corporation Tax Accruals.
- Raising Management charges and Recharge invoices on a quarterly basis.
- Assisting with Processing Internal Revenue Transfers.
- Assisting with 12 months Invoice summary.
- Preparing Group Sales Analysis and Creditors Analysis.
- Run monthly Mileage.
- Preparation of WIP Journals.
- Prepare Group Trial Balance.
- Preparing Sub Consultant Analysis.
- Preparing Disbursement Analysis.
- Preparing new reports using Sharperlight XL
- Assist Financial Controller with all other duties
- Support the Group Chief Accountant with ad hoc queries.
Key Skills and Tasks
- Develop collaborative relationships with Executive Board and other Directors and managers in the business to ensure the information needs are met.
- Has interpersonal, negotiating, numerical, analytical, self -organisation, planning and control skills.
- Team player.
- Ambition and desire to progress within an organisation.
- Operate to deadlines.
- Prioritise work load.
- Assist in planning the monthly accounting cycle.
- Able to use Microsoft Excel to an intermediate or advanced level.
- Working knowledge of Workbench (training to be provided).
- Experience of accounting in an operational finance team.
- Experience of SAP Business One (training to be provided).
- Be enthusiastic, proactive, flexible and adaptive in the pursuit of achieving the planned business goals and targets.
- Able to collaborate at executive and senior management level.
- Report clearly and accurately.
- Full understanding of the PCM role and business activities.
- Confident and professional communication with internal customers.
- Effective working relationship with all levels and disciplines within the Group.
- Qualification (AAT)
Benefits & Initiatives
Frankham offer excellent benefits and initiatives, including:
- Flexible working scheme.
- Healthshield healthcare benefit.
- Long service award.
- Bonus scheme.
- Frankham Friday.
- Cycle-to-work scheme.
- Pension Scheme.
- Life assurance.
- Annual leave inc. sell, buy & carry-over policies.
- Annual season ticket loan.
- Generous maternity & paternity pay.