We are looking for a Commercial Controller to join Frankham Projects, our planning and development team.
Frankham Group is a multi-disciplinary construction consultancy with 40 years of experience, providing a full range of design, engineering, and consultancy services to the built environment.
When you join Frankham we will help you develop your knowledge and apply your skills so that you achieve your full potential. Our investment in training and your professional development, combined with the support and coaching from Frankham team members will help you learn and grow.
Our people are practical, friendly and are passionate about what they do. We believe in enjoying our work, going beyond expectations, and having fun in doing so.
Our belief is simple: use intelligent ideas to create human benefits.
- Preparation and production of Minutes, Specifications, Consultancy Agreements, Invoices, Internal Transfers, Tender and Contract Administrator’s documentation and provision of administrative assistance for the duration of the Contract. Preparation and processing of general correspondence and reports.
- Arranging meetings and management of Microsoft Outlook diaries and Divisional hard copy diary.
- Creation of new project files and filing correspondence for the office.
- Updating monthly Pipeline spreadsheet (on a weekly basis) and Sub-Consultants Costs spreadsheet for monthly Profit Centre Managers’ Meetings. This should include the monthly financial management reports.
- Assistance to Project Team leaders in the maintenance of their Quality Control systems for the individual disciplines.
- General office duties, including:
- Audio typing
- Chase and update Consultants Agreement spreadsheet
- Deal with telephone and other routine enquiries and take messages
- Co-ordinate timesheets ready for invoicing
- Client Pledge
- Minute taking (as and when required)
- Arrange CPD Seminars and lunches
- Photocopying / Scanning
- Reception cover duties to include receiving visitors and offering hospitality
- Organising booking arrangements for Meeting Room
- Assist other secretaries (as and when required)
- Any other duties reasonably required of the post-holder following consultation.
- Attend corporate and marketing functions either hosted or on the behalf of the Company as and when required.
Key Skills and Experience
- Previous clerical/administrative support experience would be a distinct advantage.
- Advanced PC skills (preferably Microsoft) and familiarity with modern office technology, including knowledge of using email, word processing, and the production of spreadsheets and databases. The need is for accuracy rather than copy typing: long documents can be copied with OCR software. Training in specific software will be provided as required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written, telephone, or face to face) are an essential requirement of the role.
- No specific qualifications are required. However, the post-holder must possess basic numeracy and have a standard of English sufficient to liaise effectively with colleagues and external contacts.
- Good teamworking skills
- Flexible approach to work
- Reliable in terms of accuracy, punctuality, and attendance
- Appreciation that accurate records underlie all the team’s work.
Benefits & Initiatives
Frankham offer excellent benefits and initiatives, including:
- Hybrid working subject to agreement.
- Cash Plan healthcare benefit.
- Long service award.
- Incentive Payment scheme.
- Frankham Friday.
- Cycle-to-work scheme.
- Death in Service Benefit.
- Annual leave inc. sell, buy & carry-over policies.
- Annual season ticket loan.
- Enhanced maternity & paternity pay.