Introducing an exciting opportunity to join the Civil Engineering Team at our head office in Sidcup as a Civils CAD/BIM Technician.
Frankham Consultancy Group is a multidiscipline practice based in Sidcup seeking an ambitious technician to join an expanding Civil Engineering team.
The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to work on a range of project sectors including Rail, Marine, Highways (amongst others). Ideally the candidate will have gained a minimum 5 years of relevant UK Civil Engineering experience in a wide range of project types with a heavy emphasis on Rail projects. Good hands-on experience and expertise in AutoCad are required and for the position and working knowledge of Autodesk Civils 3D and Revit would be beneficial.
A competitive renumeration package is on offer for the right candidate, salary will be negotiable depending on experience.
Key Skills and Tasks
- To prepare and compile CAD/Revit files to project requirements, including plans, sections, elevation, details, and all associated information in accordance with the Company CAD/Revit standard, BS1192, PAS 1192-2 or ISO 19650.
- To file all CAD/Revit related information in accordance with the company standards and be responsible for maintaining the document control of information for the duration of a project in relation to the filing system and issue of drawings & models as requested by the project team and/or CAD/BIM manager.
- To be able to work under own initiative within a multi-discipline environment, and to manage a variable and changeable workload. To be able to plan workload and ensure information is produced within parameters set out by Cad /BIM manager and or the project lead.
- To assist the CAD/BIM manager to maintain and develop the CAD/Revit library of standard information required for all projects including, CAD blocks & templates, Revit templates & families and standard technical details etc.
- To assist with updating and maintaining quality control and CAD/BIM standards to the CAD/Revit manager’s requirements.